Please Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

In a case like this, time will tell. I didn't see any broken skin, nor does there look like there is deformities to her legs or back.
So I would think she should make a good recovery.
The bruising may take a few weeks to go away.
Keep us posted...

Omg I'm so sorry :( Can she walk normally on the leg? How is she acting? Poor thing :(

I would maybe put her in a bin with some towels so she doesn't fall if she loses her grip. That might keep her from moving around on it too much too. Good luck!

If it's just a bruise, which it sure looks like, it will just take time to go away. These little guys (and gals) can bruise pretty easily. I would just watch her for a few hours and if she's walking normally, then it is probably going to be okay and it's just a bruise.....IMO.

Oh Laurie! I know how bad you must be feeling. It does look like bruising, and, as mentioned above they do get a large bruise even just after an injection. (Lily had a massive bruise after her antibiotic injection). Hopefully the fact that she is still moving around is a good sign. Like Jann said - perhaps you could email the photos to the vet and see what he says.

Nothing useful I can add here, But best wishes. Accidents happen, no point getting too worked up about it. Color may be brusing or simply colorful reaction to sore and perhaps slightly swollen tissues that will pass back to normal in time.
Id just give her a rest, nice and quiet, no fuss, just keep a watch on her movement (tail back legs) over the next few days.
Dont fret if it dosent eat in that time, going off tucker is a common reptile response to stressful stimuli.

just saw the thread
hope she is feeling better today,i didn't look at the pics (was worried what i'd see and i am a wimp) accidents happen,doesn't make us feel any the less guilty,will watch the thread and hope she is ok.
hugs

Today's Tuffy update, she is moving normally, sat still to be sprayed as is normal for her. She still looks like holy hell but Dr Alfonso said the bruising will take a while to go away. I haven't offered any food yet today, so we will see.

Thanks so much for all the good wishes. I will try to document her progress in pictures as much as I can so other can see how the bruising goes and not panic as much as I did. Thanks for the idea Tiff.

Thanks for the update Laurie. So far is sounds good. I've got my fingers crossed that she will eat for you today. Jann

I'm glad to hear great news about Tuffy.
what a tough girl you got there. she is something, isn't she Laurie?

btw, I just realised that you were using Fickr.com for mobile phones = m.Flickr.com
now I know why you were not "seeing" the other options I was saying over the phone.

hang in there Laurie. dark as she might be on her rear, she doesn't look that bad.
I'm sure she will eat something too. ;)

she is gona make a strong comeback.

Harry

Hoping for the best for her, and glad to hear she's acting okay. This is a creature who employs plummeting to the ground as a defense mechanism, so hopefully they're built to take knocks and bruises.

Back
Top Bottom