Please identify what is sticking out of cham's vent area

Ok, so went to the vets on Wednesday and we got his hemipenis back in and dr alfonso said as long as I can get his hemipenis back in when it comes out then everything should be fine, he did have a prolapse. So later in the day when I got home on Wednesday his hemipenis was back out, managed to cold bath soak him and push it back in (following the instructions of dr alfonso) figured all was good. Come thursday I get home his hemipenis is out even more. Cold water and sugar bath him, manage to get the hemipenis back in. Cross fingers hoping it will stay in this time. I got home from work tonight and the hemipenis is sticking out wayyy more and somewhat bloody. I give it one more try to get him to pull it back in with no success. I will be showing up at the vets office at 8 am and hope to be squeezed in for an appointment. I am guessing it is time for surgery :( I really hope they are able to take care of this tomorrow, I can just tell that Bach is very uncomfortable right now. I have put KY jelly on his area several times tonight to ensure it doesn't dry out and become more of a problem. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for my baby Bach and that everything turns out ok tomorrow.

Ugh!
I was hoping, for your sake, that it was not that serious.
You're going to a great vet ... good luck tomorrow!

-Brad

Oh I will, I can't stop just checking on him making sure all is ok, just worried that since it is a saturday that they won't be ready for a surgery. He is drinking and eating fine otherwise so not sure how big of an emergency it is but I can't handle another day going by thinking my baby isn't happy. I have to say he has been so wonderful through it all, just letting me hold him upside down while attempting to put his hemipenis in and putting the ky on it. He just looks at me with the understanding that I am trying to help him. I would even say a bonding experience between us..just wish it didn't have to be something so unpleasant for him.

When my chameleon had a prolapse he just needed a single stitch, if that comforts you at all.

Well Bach had his surgery today and he seems very happy to be all fixed up. Dr Alfonso was great again. He was in surgery maybe 20 minutes and ended up needing two stitches. I am so very relieved and hopefully that is the only surgery he will ever have to endure. Dr Alfonso was otherwise very impressed with his health, size, color etc and told me I was doing a great job of taking care of him. Yay! Also to anyone in Florida that is close enough I would definately recomment him for your reptile vet. His price was rather cheap I think for the surgery and he fit me in when no appointments were available and did his surgery on the spot. Only cost $110 which I think is a very good price, I paid $360 a few years ago at another vet to have my leopard gecko's leg amputated, I think I was had on that one, lol. Anyways, all is well here now and I think Bach will have a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear that your cham's recovering. Dr. Alfonso is my vet, too. He's great!!!! I am just thankful that I have some one within driving distance with his kind of chameleon knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom