Please helpm Vield cham migjt have mbd!!!

Lympnoodl3

Has yellow spots, tounge hangs out, is weak and doesn't eat.

Attachments

• 20190227_211607.jpg
    20190227_211607.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 134
In my opinion she needs to go to an experienced reptile vet asap! In the mean time, please fill out the "how to ask for help" form and experienced members can review your husbandry and identify issues.

I know you're concerned, but try to avoid posting in multiple threads for the same topic - it makes it much easier for us to help you if all of the information is in the same place.

~Amanda

In my opinion she needs to go to an experienced reptile vet asap! In the mean time, please fill out the "how to ask for help" form and experienced members can review your husbandry and identify issues.

I know you're concerned, but try to avoid posting in multiple threads for the same topic - it makes it much easier for us to help you if all of the information is in the same place.

~Amanda
Im so sorry. I am just very worried. I will next time.

I see you started to fill out the help form in another post, but you need to fill it as thoroughly as you can or we won't have the information we need to make any suggestions.
Vield Chameleon.
Female.
4 months.
Once every 3 days.
Doesn't eat.
Water with calcium.
Twice a day.
50 percent humidity
78 degrees
California, los angeles
Solid poop. Yellow,
Screen cage
Not using live plants
Although, i have a rock that was her feeding tray and now is her basking table.
Wondering if my vieled has mbd.

Vield Chameleon.
Female.
4 months.
Once every 3 days.
Doesn't eat.
Water with calcium.
Twice a day.
50 percent humidity
78 degrees
California, los angeles
Solid poop. Yellow,
Screen cage
Not using live plants
Although, i have a rock that was her feeding tray and now is her basking table.
Wondering if my vieled has mbd.
Also, ive had it for 4 months and was a week old wheni got her.
Her tounge is expanding and she is making wierd aounds luke she cant brearhe right now. I see her stomach rhough, and it is moving in and out so i know she is brearhing.

I'm far from an expert, and I can't really see her legs well with the way she's positioned. I'm afraid I won't be of much help, especially since I'm on my way to work right now... fill out the help form as thoroughly as you can, and hopefully someone else is available!

Please read through this caresheet for veiled chameleons, and take a look at these pictures in the mean time.

View attachment 224274
View attachment 224275
View attachment 224276
View attachment 224277
View attachment 224278
View attachment 224279
View attachment 224280
View attachment 224281

@Beman @Brodybreaux25

Edit: not sure why the pictures showed up as attachments, but I dont have time to fix it right now sorry!

If I were you I’d get her to a qualified (has experience with chameleons, not just reptiles) vet TODAY, and then be prepared to set up a hospital bin and make some major care changes, if she gets that opportunity. Once you’ve got your appointment set, please copy and paste and fill out the form with details so people can help you get properly set up. You’re going to want to do this sooner rather than later as well, as you may have to order things and wait on shipping. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but your girl is not in good shape, so you’ve got to make moves quickly. I know you want to help her.

If you tell us where you are located someone may have a vet recommendation.

@Lympnoodl3 yes, your girl has severe MBD. That’s why her legs and spine are bent and twisted like they are. It is also why she can’t stand or control her muscles, causing her to have trouble breathing and controlling her jaw. Her reproductive cycle is only worsening her situation.

Respectfully, almost every answer you have given so far throws up huge red flags. Nearly every aspect of your husbandry will have to change if she is to survive this. However husbandry changes are a secondary concern right now. Your top priority right now is to get her to a experienced reptile vet ASAP, it is her only chance for survival.

E69CCFE6-F55E-4D72-9DD8-6D89ED106CEE.jpeg

If I were you I’d get her to a qualified (has experience with chameleons, not just reptiles) vet TODAY, and then be prepared to set up a hospital bin and make some major care changes, if she gets that opportunity. Once you’ve got your appointment set, please copy and paste and fill out the form with details so people can help you get properly set up. You’re going to want to do this sooner rather than later as well, as you may have to order things and wait on shipping. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but your girl is not in good shape, so you’ve got to make moves quickly. I know you want to help her.

If you tell us where you are located someone may have a vet recommendation.
@Kiraral good advice but I wanted to make one tiny correction, normally I wouldn’t even bother but since this particular case is so time sensitive I feel like it must be made. @Lympnoodl3 will definitely need to order some equipment to turn this around but some of that stuff can not wait to be shipped, it MUST be purchased and installed TODAY.

@Lympnoodl3 once you’ve been to the vet and she’s been stabilized you must buy and install the following:
- T5 HO lighting fixture with bulb(not CFL) either 10.0 or 12% UVB
- liquid calcium
- all other upgrades should be purchased and installed within 1 week.

I know I’m throwing a lot at you, please don’t get overwhelmed, ask questions and we will get you through this.

D0A0D973-A7F6-4C7E-9154-CD79F7CA62B0.jpeg
35A21FF0-E22B-4C65-BA1E-382F981FACF7.png
D7C613B1-40AE-49F1-8EC6-831BADDACC13.jpeg
88F8E200-7740-46A0-8E78-A78D88AD8188.png
FBA3BDA5-7FAE-4D51-9B47-73A297BB3B2E.jpeg
B01E91CC-9304-4338-BF73-9CDE2A66FF2F.jpeg
CF76E545-3EFE-4139-90B5-6337C8CFC20A.png
D7D33F2B-DFB1-47DE-9A71-B4DE90E8FF70.jpeg

Attachments

• 0FD5F7A2-9A97-4B8B-AB0B-9871087769BF.jpeg
    0FD5F7A2-9A97-4B8B-AB0B-9871087769BF.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 82
@Brodybreaux25 totally agree, if possible. Personally, I have no local source for things like t5ho. When I took in my rescue I paid an arm and a leg to ship overnight. If OP can find locally that is certainly preferable. I should remember different locations may have better options, and should have said that. hopefully OP is not as far removed as I am! And you are totally correct that this is the level where a day could make all the difference!

Back
Top Bottom