Please help!

Hi everyone, so I just recently got my guy Lloyd, he is a very healthy 6 month old Panther. I’ve only had him for a little less than a month, but something big came up and I have to go away for a specialized medical treatment that I’ve been on the waiting list for over a year and just now because available, i would be gone for a little over a week. I don’t have any friends or family in my life and certainly nobody who knows how to properly care for him. Any suggestions since he’s so young and can’t go without food for long? I don’t know what to do. I’m also in a financial strain since this will also leave me without work pay for the time being so hiring a specialized pet sitter isn’t an option.

Attachments

• 3A75D2D1-A0DA-45CD-9167-14C0383B0CBE.jpeg
    3A75D2D1-A0DA-45CD-9167-14C0383B0CBE.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 61
Might not be much help, but this is what I would do, get a timer for lights....
40 crickets in enclosure.... drippers, and mist enclosure really good... add some spagnum on the bottom so it maintains humidity...
I’m sure your Cham will be fine.

I agree with @JoXie411, I know if I lived close to a member I would not mind helping out if they had to travel.

Otherwise your really just having to automate everything and ensure that your water reservoirs can hold for that long of a time period. You could add extra feeders before you leave although this is iffy.

My concern with that approach is if it is a medical issue and you have to be gone longer then expected. It would be better for you to have someone come in and check every day or every other day.

Perhaps calling your vet and seeing if there would be anyone there that would be interested in just helping you in this time. Maybe someone would be kind and do it for free.

Thank you everyone. I currently don’t have an automated mister which would be the first thing I would need even without a human helper since I already have automatic lights I really just need help feeding. I am in Baltimore Maryland! If anyone knows someone on here or otherwise than is willing to help please send them my way!

Thank you everyone. I currently don’t have an automated mister which would be the first thing I would need even without a human helper since I already have automatic lights I really just need help feeding. I am in Baltimore Maryland! If anyone knows someone on here or otherwise than is willing to help please send them my way!
So I would suggest doing a thread with the title being something like Need Chameleon caretaker Baltimore, MD
Then in your thread put what you need. It is something good for any keeper to have. Someone that they can count out to take care of their chams when they are unable to.

Back
Top Bottom