Please help!!!

Laekyloo

I have no idea what she is doing? She is a veiled chameleon. Is she yawning or is this something more serious?? She is puffing out her throat and then looks like she is yawning but shakes while she does it. I tried to post a video but I don’t think I can.

Attachments

• 6804EE28-C6C2-42C3-BA90-C3E556E1EA3C.png
    6804EE28-C6C2-42C3-BA90-C3E556E1EA3C.png
    1 MB · Views: 134
  • 04C96E44-2F36-4CDC-A0B3-AC393A4125C3.png
    04C96E44-2F36-4CDC-A0B3-AC393A4125C3.png
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 126
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon. Female around 4 is what i was told from petco. I have had her for a couple weeks.
  • Handling - couple times a week to let her bask outside
  • Feeding - i feed her pin head crickets and milk worms. She eats around 20 crickets a day and 3 mill worms. I feed her in the mornings and afternoons. I give the crickets blackberries, carrots, kale, blueberries, and water.
  • Supplements - I dust about 10 crickets once every two weeks. I use to repti calcium and reptile vitamins.
  • Watering - I have a drip system that hits several leaves. I mist 4 times a day. I have seen her drink several times.
  • Fecal Description - I don’t know if she has ever been tested for parasites. I got her from petco a couple weeks ago. She fecal looks okay to me. She has drops with majority white. There is barely any yellow.
  • History - I got her from petco and wasn’t told an exact age.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I got the mesh repticage that you can buy from petco (waste of money)
  • Lighting - i use the bulbs that come with the kit. I keep her on 12 hours with light and UVB and then no lights at night.
  • Temperature - her basking is around 83 and the lower part of the cage is around 74.
  • Humidity - she stays at around 60 humidity. I spray the leaves in her cage with a bottle
  • Plants - I have one live plant and it’s a golden pethos
  • Placement - her cage is in the living room but I’m the only person home majority of the day
  • Location - I live in central Texas

Current problem - she has done this several times. In the pictures posted above. She puffs out her throat and looks like she’s yawning but she shakes when she does it.

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon. Female around 4 is what i was told from petco. I have had her for a couple weeks.
  • Handling - couple times a week to let her bask outside
  • Feeding - i feed her pin head crickets and milk worms. She eats around 20 crickets a day and 3 mill worms. I feed her in the mornings and afternoons. I give the crickets blackberries, carrots, kale, blueberries, and water. Try Feeding her at the beginning of the day so she has lots of time to bask and digest.
  • Supplements - I dust about 10 crickets once every two weeks. I use to repti calcium and reptile vitamins. Calcium without D3 EVERY Feeding, Multivitamins and Calcium WITH D3 every 2 weeks.
  • Watering - I have a drip system that hits several leaves. I mist 4 times a day. I have seen her drink several times.
  • Fecal Description - I don’t know if she has ever been tested for parasites. I got her from petco a couple weeks ago. She fecal looks okay to me. She has drops with majority white. There is barely any yellow.
  • History - I got her from petco and wasn’t told an exact age.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I got the mesh repticage that you can buy from petco (waste of money)
  • Lighting - i use the bulbs that come with the kit. I keep her on 12 hours with light and UVB and then no lights at night. Do not use any colored Basking bulb, A regular House Bulb Works great, Also For UVB I recommend a Linear T5 High Output.
  • Temperature - her basking is around 83 and the lower part of the cage is around 74.
  • Humidity - she stays at around 60 humidity. I spray the leaves in her cage with a bottle. Humidity during the day should be 30-40%, at night at 100%
  • Plants - I have one live plant and it’s a golden pethos
  • Placement - her cage is in the living room but I’m the only person home majority of the day
  • Location - I live in central Texas

Current problem - she has done this several times. In the pictures posted above. She puffs out her throat and looks like she’s yawning but she shakes when she does it.
From My experience with My own veiled, He has done that when he is choking. When the get too hot they do that too. Maybe she is seeing something she doesn't like. Could be a a cat, dog, maybe a mirror? She probably hates you (Don't take it personal)

Ok first off before you get scared to death this is more then likely normal veiled behavior. They will puff when mad, mine does it every single morning about 30 minutes after he wakes up when he is stretching, and they also will stretch and puff before and during sheds to help loosen the shed from the skin.

Since your form was covered the only thing I will add is get repashy calcium plus LoD for a supplement use this and only this on the feeders. Nothing else.
You need a t5HO linear fixture with a 5.0 UVB bulb. Basking should be approximately 7-8 inches below the fixture and the fixture should run length wise across the middle of the cage laying directly on the cage top.

You will want to read up on lay bins as well because she will lay infertile eggs just like a chicken will do.

Check out this podcast if you want to dive into cham knowledge. www.chameleonbreeder.com

Back
Top Bottom