Please help

Jacklyntann

Hey everyone, so last Thursday I noticed my chameleon had something hanging around his backside. When I researched I found out he's becoming a man and those were his balls. Today well spraying him I noticed that they're no longer little circular things it's one giant swollen thing and it looks really crusty so this must have just happened in the last day because I didn't notice it yesterday. I'm just wondering if this is still part of the process or if it's causing an infection I didn't really know that they dropped their balls this is all new to me. Is it in my best interest to take him to the vet or I was reading something on sugar water does that actually work? Please help

Hey everyone, so last Thursday I noticed my chameleon had something hanging around his backside. When I researched I found out he's becoming a man and those were his balls. Today well spraying him I noticed that they're no longer little circular things it's one giant swollen thing and it looks really crusty so this must have just happened in the last day because I didn't notice it yesterday. I'm just wondering if this is still part of the process or if it's causing an infection I didn't really know that they dropped their balls this is all new to me. Is it in my best interest to take him to the vet or I was reading something on sugar water does that actually work? Please help
Sounds like a prolapse. You need to take him to a vet asap if it's been that long.

take him to the vet asap this is what is called a prolapse there are two types of prolapses one called an intestinal prolapse which is the prolapse of the cloaca or one called a hemipenal prolapse which is the dudes balls coming out to drop a sperm sac and not retracting, both cases you will need a vet if its been ot for more than an hour they can easily become infected and can be very fatal

Pics

Attachments

• 20190605_162502.jpg
    20190605_162502.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 77
big problem right there, you're going to need sterile ky jelly because its a water based lubricant and a trip to the vet if you don't know how to help him get it back in then just apply it over the area, you do not want to risk rupturing an intestine and take him to the vet, it may need to be amputated but its doubtful.

big problem right there, you're going to need sterile ky jelly because its a water based lubricant and a trip to the vet if you don't know how to help him get it back in then just apply it over the area, you do not want to risk rupturing an intestine and take him to the vet, it may need to be amputated but its doubtful.
Thank you, I have an opt tomorrow at 1030. Hope they can fix him up. Where do i get this jelly from ?

Back
Top Bottom