Please help!

You must gutload your feeders yourself! Calcium with D3 should be given twice monthly, not weekly, and you need a multivitamin twice monthly, too. Panthers need more mistings a day than that, at least 3-4, for at least 2 minutes each time, but preferably for 5 minutes each time. What color was his urates? If he was stressed, then no handling and put more cover in his cage/fix what was stressing him out in his cage. Were there enough branches, vines, plants, plant cover in his enclosure? Was the uvb light linear or compact? Panthers prefer a temp drop at night, usually around 10 degrees, I believe. Humidity was too low, misting more and live plants would help with that. Never use hot water to mist your chameleon! Only use room temp! He might have been stressed with the cage on the floor, raise it up. Again, sorry for your loss!
I put hot water in a mister when I use it. As hot as the tap will provide. The mist is barely warm when it hits your skin. If it’s hot, the stream is too tight, or I’m spraying too close. I was told this technique by the breeder I used, and I doubted it too, but after trying it, it’s way more comfortable for them than spraying room temp water that feels ice cold when it hits your skin. My chameleon appears way more tolerant of the mistings when provided with this technique.

Back
Top Bottom