Please help!

voxxom

My female 3 1/2 month old chameleon just ate some perlite.. ( the white crunchy chunks in soil if im not mistaken ) It happened right as i woke up. i got out of bed and went right to her cage, saw her walking along the rim on the plants plastic pot, and faced downward with her tounge out, not enough to strike, but it was out as if she was "Iffy" about eating it, i immediatley opened the cage and tried to put my hand in the way, but she had already strucken and eaten it. i picked her up (the proper way) and returned her to her perch. when i looked at the place she ate from, the strips of wet paper towl that was on top, was rolled up and stale. the coconut bark had a patch where it wasnt covering the soil. so ultimatley.. she ate perlite.. what can i do?

she will probably live through it, when mine was younger she ate some small peices and lived , shes still alive.

mm k thanks cause none of the emergency vet clinics, let alone any vet related clinics around here have anyone who knows anything about chameleons

voxxom said:
mm k thanks cause none of the emergency vet clinics, let alone any vet related clinics around here have anyone who knows anything about chameleons
I don't know how close you are to any of these vets but i got their names off a list i have used before for michigan
Wilshire Animal Hospital
Frank Lavac, DVM
Daniel Levenson, DVM
Open 7 days a week, Serving West L.A.
County for 65 years! Santa Monica, CA
310-828-4587 310-453-1452 FAX
Pet Vet Since 1974

DR. Roger Levoy
Baldy View Animal Hospital
La Verne, CA 91750
909-596-7771

Thomas H. Boyer, D.V.M.
Special Interest in Reptilian and Amphibian Medicine, Surgery and Husbandry.
9888 Carmel Mtn Rd, # F, San Diego, CA 92129
(619) 484-3499 FAX

ChameleonsTree said:
Thomas H. Boyer, D.V.M.
Special Interest in Reptilian and Amphibian Medicine, Surgery and Husbandry.
9888 Carmel Mtn Rd, # F, San Diego, CA 92129
(619) 484-3499 FAX

hmm thanks for that. the san diego clinic seems to be the closest

Back
Top Bottom