Please help with my mistking?!

LindsayG

Avid Member
Okay, so I just got my mistking setup and when I bought it forever ago it came with the old timer. I got everything setup right and left a few hours ago. The only thing I had programmed at the time (or so my dad says) was the date and time. I just got home ready to program it and it all of a sudden went off. I decided to program it which I got all my times in but 15 minutes later I can't get it to turn off. I unplugged it and it obviously stopped but when I plugged it back in, it turned back on. What am I doing wrong? How do I get it to use its programs? I've switched it between on, off, and auto but that doesn't do anything. Please help if you can. Thanks

I bet you enterted hours instead of minutes when programming how long it will go off. Example: 15:00:00 when it should be 00:05:00( 5 minutes). Can you take pictures of the times on the display screen?

A few things to check:

Definitely make sure you entered each misting session as "start time" and "duration" not as start time and end time

Double check that it is set on "auto" not "on"

Double check that your AM and PM is correct. This one tripped me up at first.

If you check those things and still have issues, post again and maybe we can get the trouble narrowed down.

A few things to check:

Definitely make sure you entered each misting session as "start time" and "duration" not as start time and end time

If you check those things and still have issues, post again and maybe we can get the trouble narrowed down.
The "auto" and "on" thing is what threw me off! Lol I was cussin and cursin at the thing!

A few things to check:

Thanks Lathis. I will have to check in the morning though since he's already in bed. I don't think the timer has a duration function though. It just said to enter start and end times. I did check to see that all the timers were set though so I'll have to check once he wakes up. As soon as I plug it in it starts running again.

Thanks Lathis. I will have to check in the morning though since he's already in bed. I don't think the timer has a duration function though. It just said to enter start and end times. I did check to see that all the timers were set though so I'll have to check once he wakes up. As soon as I plug it in it starts running again.

Is the timer the old style with the the plugin or the new style with the LED screen?

I had the same issue, but mine was the newer timer. I am pretty smart with this kind of stuff. I followed directions over and over and it still would just stay on, which was very frustrating to me. I emailed the mistking guys and after they asked me to look at a couple of things to see if it was the issue (and it wasn't) they sent me a new one and asked if I could send in the old one if possible. So you might just have a defective one.

It's the old style with the obnoxiously large plug in.
Ah okay, then you are correct, it is start time and end time.

Still, check AM/PM, that the clock is correct, and that it is set on Auto not On. Also check that it is set to "weekly" so that it goes off every day

All of those things I've checked. It looks likes theres two little cirlces off to the right though and one has what looks to be an x in it and one I can't see very well.

take a pen and press reset. It's possible that you have the "RANDOM" feature turned on. Reset will turn that off and also clear all your times off in case the problem is with one of them. Like Lathis said, remember to check your AM/PM and days of the week for ON and OFF Time. You don't want to turn it on Mon and turn it off Friday. After reset, set the current time and day of the week and enter just 1 program, set it to AUTO and see how it works. If all is OK then program the others that you may need

Back
Top Bottom