Please help! Very urgent!

She looks very dehydrated and a non native species should never be released! Look at Australia and Florida for example you never know what kind of threat a non native specie will have on native species :(

She looks very dehydrated and a non native species should never be released! Look at Australia and Florida for example you never know what kind of threat a non native specie will have on native species :(

I live in Florida and I know we have iguanas and quaker parrots that have become part of the landscape. I know the Jackson's are non native but it just seems like there is such an abundant population already that it was probably taken from the wild and most likely will not make it in capitivity now like many of the wild caughts. I really don't advocate releasing non native species

Update

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for the concern and the help! I actually called the Humane Society this morning and they said they would take Chameleons. The lady said when she got "checked in", a vet would take a look at her and then relocate her (probably into the wild... :confused: ) Anyway I was looking for other places for her but no one responded fast. The three trees place is actually on the Big Island or on the Island of Hawaii when I am on Oahu so that didn't work. :( I did call them though and they said I should try the Humane Society. When I went to my aunties house she looked like she was in pretty bad condition. I put her in a box with leaves and we took her right away. When we dropped her off, the men I talked to seemed like they would take good care of her and someone took her into the back to get looked after. I know I was a bad "owner" but I think that in the end I did the best I could. I truly appreciate all the help you guys have given me. I know that whatever happens to her, it'll be better than what was happening to her at my aunties house. I wanted to find a home and I appreciate all the suggestions but I knew that she needed to be with someone else ASAP so my aunty and I ran her over to the Humane Society. We paid the $25 drop off fee and I signed the contract giving up ownership. I won't know what happens to her now but I'm hoping she can recover and be realized safely. In my mind, if they do release her, at least they will know a better place than me since they do this a lot more often. I also considered the sad part of it was too late. I did tell myself though that if she does need to be put down, at least they can do it with the proper chemicals whereas a freezer at home sounds much worse. Once again thank you guys so much. I'm hoping in the future when I am not a student or have a little more time, I can raise one and make up for the bad (unintentional) treatment of Miki. I really did get attached to her and I wish her the best! :)

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for the concern and the help! I actually called the Humane Society this morning and they said they would take Chameleons. The lady said when she got "checked in", a vet would take a look at her and then relocate her (probably into the wild... :confused: ) Anyway I was looking for other places for her but no one responded fast. The three trees place is actually on the Big Island or on the Island of Hawaii when I am on Oahu so that didn't work. :( I did call them though and they said I should try the Humane Society. When I went to my aunties house she looked like she was in pretty bad condition. I put her in a box with leaves and we took her right away. When we dropped her off, the men I talked to seemed like they would take good care of her and someone took her into the back to get looked after. I know I was a bad "owner" but I think that in the end I did the best I could. I truly appreciate all the help you guys have given me. I know that whatever happens to her, it'll be better than what was happening to her at my aunties house. I wanted to find a home and I appreciate all the suggestions but I knew that she needed to be with someone else ASAP so my aunty and I ran her over to the Humane Society. We paid the $25 drop off fee and I signed the contract giving up ownership. I won't know what happens to her now but I'm hoping she can recover and be realized safely. In my mind, if they do release her, at least they will know a better place than me since they do this a lot more often. I also considered the sad part of it was too late. I did tell myself though that if she does need to be put down, at least they can do it with the proper chemicals whereas a freezer at home sounds much worse. Once again thank you guys so much. I'm hoping in the future when I am not a student or have a little more time, I can raise one and make up for the bad (unintentional) treatment of Miki. I really did get attached to her and I wish her the best! :)

Don't you worry! If it was the HHS on South King, they will take amazing care of her. When I moved off island, I had to leave my one female Jackson and my pet rats with them. The rats were adopted WHILE I WAS STILL THERE!!! I couldn't have been happier and, although two have died since then, the three babies are still doing well and the new owners have sent me pictures. The female jackson was actually adopted by one of the managerial employees who loves chameleons, so, more than likely, he took her in as well. He will probably try to get her as healthy as possible, but if they can't, they will put her down humanely, which is better than anything. Also, if you happen to be going to UH Manoa, try hiking the Manoa Falls trail. Right before you get to the base of the falls, there is a small path up to your left that get you near the top of the falls. it's about five miles, all the way around, but you will see sooooo many wild Jackson's! It's absolutely insane!

You sound like a genuine and good-hearted person ChameleonMiki; one who has done the best that they could a difficult situation. And like many challenges of the heart that require sacrifice, I have no doubt that you have grown through your relationship with Miki; she will always be a part of you; and you will now be much much better equipped to someday be a wonderful chameleon owner when the time is right and you are ready.

Although there is learning/awareness as well as frustration/annoyance with the philosophical/ethical spin that sometimes arises from this forum.. for the most part you have found an unbelievable resource of great and knowledgeable people who will be here to support you when you arrive at the place in your in your life when you may be considering and actualizing your heart's desire to coexist with a chameleon (ps. when and if that day comes imho 'Miki' would be a beautiful name!). So please keep in touch!

The best of luck to you in the meantime.. and Congratulations on doing the Right Thing..

take her to the nearest pet store, they should take her , it looks like a jackson, cham, and she need water and light take some clean branches and spray them with water shell drink the drops, in some sun or clip on light on top of cage , that will get her by ,

take her to the nearest pet store, they should take her , it looks like a jackson, cham, and she need water and light take some clean branches and spray them with water shell drink the drops, in some sun or clip on light on top of cage , that will get her by ,

it has already been given to the humane society. You did not read the OP's last post

Please remember that im trying to be considerate and i respect you for caring for him, but excuse me, it sounds like you cant handle a cham. A friendly hint of advise, please do some research because it will help you alot :)

I have read this thread since it was Posted. You have nothing to feel bad about. You were put into an impossible position with no support from people around you. You sought help because you knew you needed it. You followed the advice given and you found a solution. You showed you were an exceptionally caring person. Well done you and i hope you can get over this heartbreaking experience. Take care.

Please remember that im trying to be considerate and i respect you for caring for him, but excuse me, it sounds like you cant handle a cham. A friendly hint of advise, please do some research because it will help you alot :)

Nono I totally understand. Maybe you didn't read my other posts but this thread turned into me asking how to keep her alive until I can find a better place for her and then people were helping me with finding places. :)

I have read this thread since it was Posted. You have nothing to feel bad about. You were put into an impossible position with no support from people around you. You sought help because you knew you needed it. You followed the advice given and you found a solution. You showed you were an exceptionally caring person. Well done you and i hope you can get over this heartbreaking experience. Take care.

Thank you Kate! I honestly feel so much better. Last night when I made this thread I was freaking out and feeling so bad for Miki but now that I know she is at the Humane Society probably under a warm light with branches and a nice cage and proper hydration systems, I feel much better!

You did a wonderful job for her, nobody could have made any better choices in your situation than you did. I've seen that you are looking through old threads to learn more which says a lot about you. I 'rescued' three chameleons without researching first and lost them all. Then I spent months doing research on here, and next week I'm getting what I consider my first chameleon and I feel much more confident about the care I'm able to provide.

When you feel ready, you will make a wonderful chameleon parent!

you did a great thing and I am sure your chameleon is getting the best of care. I was kinda surprised that you said they would release back into the wild considering it seems so frowned upon.

You did a wonderful job for her, nobody could have made any better choices in your situation than you did. I've seen that you are looking through old threads to learn more which says a lot about you. I 'rescued' three chameleons without researching first and lost them all. Then I spent months doing research on here, and next week I'm getting what I consider my first chameleon and I feel much more confident about the care I'm able to provide.

When you feel ready, you will make a wonderful chameleon parent!

Aww thank you and good luck with your chameleon! I really do want to learn more about them because they are so cute and I'd like one in the future! I'd like to see a picture of yours when you get it! :)

U came to the right place ,as I understand u say u can't take care of her . But please do as much as u can to take care of her and make her comfortable as long as u have her until u can find someone who can adopt her.?thank you

U came to the right place ,as I understand u say u can't take care of her . But please do as much as u can to take care of her and make her comfortable as long as u have her until u can find someone who can adopt her.?thank you

Hi not to worry. If you read the whole thing you would see that I already took her to the Humane Society and another member said that they had taken one of theirs to the same Humane Society and the Humane Society took good care of theirs. :)

ChameleonMiki, I hope this little taste of the chameleon world will encourage you to, one day, own one on your own terms. When you feel ready, come here and get the information on what supplies you need and what procedures you need to follow. With the support and resources here, you will have no problem being the great Chameleon Parent you've already shown yourself to be.

Back
Top Bottom