PLEASE HELP! Urgent

Gennahdavila

My Chameleon Elvis has been sleeping all day and stays awake during the night. But he eats and drinks normal. I'm afraid that his UV lamp is the problem but i'm not sure and i'm extremely worried.:confused::( he does not like being in his cage either...he likes it went i keep him out and doesn't want to back in. But thats when he sleeps.

He's 3 months, today's ago he shed and when he was done i cleaned out his cage because he wasn't eating his skin, i did rearrange some plants. light is on all the time, but i switch colors. Red for night and blue for day.

You need to turn all lights off at night.

That is what is keeping him up, and messing up his schedule.

Im unsure of what species you have, but find it here:https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/chameleons/ and research its care requirements. Im sure he will do much better when you have the proper knowledge to start giving him what he needs. ;)

Welcome to Chameleon Forums!

I was going to say the same thing about the night lights. Just have a day light that somewhat matches the natural light schedule. Right now its around 12-12. That is what I keep mine on. No need for a night light.

I have also heard that sometimes when you change there cage up a little bit, It can upset them for a while until they get use to there new surroundings. My guys sleep in the same exact spot at the same angle every night. If I moved that, I am sure it would throw him off a little bit.

You have received the best advice already. 12 on /12 off for lights. Make sure there is a darker, cooler place he can escape to during the day. No lights, misting, noise at night. Take care and good luck with your baby!

12 hours of light 12 hours of dark :) , if its really getting that cold where you are the ceramic heat emitters are the way to go , just make sure its not in direct contact with the cage and that if your cham gets out he cant climb into it ( they give a nasty burn)

I am not sure what bulb you are using but i have heard it is better to use a normal coloured bulb and not red or blue. Please correct me someone if I am wrong.

I am not sure what bulb you are using but i have heard it is better to use a normal coloured bulb and not red or blue. Please correct me someone if I am wrong.

I use a reptisun 5.0 on one side of the cage and a 60W soft white in a reflector on the other rear side and leave front corner w/no light. At night all lights go off by 9 pm.

Back
Top Bottom