Please help! Swollen toe

20191219_152812.jpg
20191219_152847.jpg

This is my ambilobe panther chameleon frank castle. I've had him for 2 years and he was four months old when I got him. Very friendly enjoys being handled. He will actually approach the cage when i open it to climb out onto my hand. Recently hes developed this swollen toe on the inside of his front foot. A breeder told me they thought it looked like gout or a broken toe. I've noticed he dangles his feet off of branches instead of holding on. He didnt eat for a while but has starting eating again. Hes been drinking plenty of water. He still approaches the cage to be handled. Temperature and humidity conditions are consistent and appropriate. The swelling has remained about the same of the last week. Closest vet is an hour away and didnt have any openings til after Christmas. If anyone can help diagnose and treat his condition it would be greatly appreciated!

Just wondering does he have any other swollen joints? It looks just like the toe one of mine had a while back. He was put on antibiotics for a few days I took him back and they lanced it and cleaned it out and it healed beautifully. It was an infection.
Swollen joints can also be a sign of gout so be sure to have a good look at all of him.

Just wondering does he have any other swollen joints? It looks just like the toe one of mine had a while back. He was put on antibiotics for a few days I took him back and they lanced it and cleaned it out and it healed beautifully. It was an infection.
Swollen joints can also be a sign of gout so be sure to have a good look at all of him.

It's just the one toe. None of the others look like that.

Back
Top Bottom