Cage Info:
Cage Type - wood frame screen 24x24x48

Lighting - 100watt basking uvb 10.0 9am to 9pm

Temperature - 87 in basking area
Lowest overnight temp? 70

how do you measure these temps? Digital thermometer

Humidity - 60 to 70

What do you use to measure humidity? Zoomed meter

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Live and fake live is a spider plant

Placement - Where is your cage located? On the floor next to a fan

At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 4 feet

Location - Where are you geographically located? Florida

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. Vailed male 3 to 4 months

How long has it been in your care? 3 days

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Only once to weigh him he was 9.1 grams

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets and mealworms
How are you gut-loading your feeders? Fluckers

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Fluckers with d3

Watering - What kind misting and drip system

How often and how long to you mist? 5 to 10 times a day 60sec
Do you see your chameleon drinking? No

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. I haven't seen any

Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I bought him from flchams

Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about hes not eating

Attachments

• 20170609_223422.jpg
    20170609_223422.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 108
Sometimes they take a couple of days to settle in before they eat.
Does the fan blow on the cage?

There are some things you could change in your husbandry...
I would recommend that you not feed him mealworms very often...silk worms, superworms, roaches in addition to the crickets would be better.
It's important to gutload and feed the insects well. For crickets, roaches , superworms you can use a wide assortment of greens and veggies such as dandelion greens, kale, endive, escarole, carrots, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, squash, zucchini, etc and a bit of fruit such as melon, pears, apples, berries.

It's recommended that you dust at almost all feedings with a phosphorous-free calcium powder...twice a month with a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder and twice a month with a vitamin powder containing a beta carotene source of vitamin A. If needed you can use a vitamin powder with a prEformed source of vitamin A once in a while.

Hope he eats for you soon! If not...please let us know..

He just started shedding today, would this have anything to do with it, or is it a good sign

Shedding is generally always a good sign. Has he started eating yet? It's not uncommon for a Chameleon to go several days, if not a week without eating when being introduced into a new environment. These animals get stressed very easily, and it's not uncommon for them to forgo food while stressed.

As was mentioned I would avoid mealworms entirety. Superworms are perfectly fine if you would like to feed some kind of worm. I would suggest making a homemade gut load (there are tons of recipes on the web) and ditch the Flukers. I would also try and get his basking spot to at least 90 degrees if possible.

I still haven't seen him eat but he does move around im his cage his basking spot is normally around 93 when i woke up this morning i noticed he was starting to shed

I'd say that's pretty normal. My guy seems to lose his appetite for a day or so around his shed, and they also go off the feed when they're stressed / moved too much. Try to minimize contact with him as much as possible for the next few weeks to let him settle in.
Also, if he's not immediately eating them then I wouldn't recommend leaving the crickets in his cage to roam free. They can chew on his softer bits, especially at night when he's asleep. It'd be good to remove as many as you can, then just leave some in a cup.

Back
Top Bottom