PLease HELP My veild chameleon hind legs not moving well

Yeah I guess but ever since I got him he loves going out of his cage he starts head butting the bottom of the cage and when I open it he sprints out this usually happens on sunny days.
Hello everyone I have been closely looking at him and I was just touching him on the spine and he started vibrating and shaking his head, I am really thinking he pinched a nerve what can I do. And what can a vet do.
I'm not trying to be mean at all by saying any of this, but I really feel like you should do a little reading and studying chameleons signs and how to ready their behaviors and mannerisms a little better. The things you are describing are not good things and you are comparing chameleon behaviors to human behaviors. For instance, a chameleon pawing/headbutting at the cage shouldnt be interpreted as "he loves going out of his enclosure". For chameleons, their enclosures are their "safe space" so if they do not want to be there, it's a sign something is wrong with your husbandry. I posted a link you can read over about chameleon behaviors. Hope this helps.

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-behavior/

Edit: I think you will find it helpful to post pics of your enclosure and give as much detail as possible to have it reviewed by some of the people here to correct anything that could he stressing your cham. Everyone is here to help.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of his enclosure and ever since I got him he used to climb the side of screen to leave and jumps to the plant on the side, but he found a easier way by going through the bottom, some times I reach my hand out and he goes on.
F98A3036-1B9E-4348-AB98-EED2125B93DE.jpeg

Here is a picture of his enclosure and ever since I got him he used to climb the side of screen to leave and jumps to the plant on the side, but he found a easier way by going through the bottom, some times I reach my hand out and he goes on.View attachment 293104
This is extremely tiny for your chams size. He is longer than the length of your enclosure.he has no space to climb or move around freely which would explain why he doesn't want to be in there.

How come?
Veileds will try to eat anything, so fake plants are an impaction risk (which a cham could die from). Veileds need veiled-tested chameleon-safe live plants (that are properly cleaned and prepared beforehand) only! I would recommend reading through every module and the veiled species profile, as well as listening to as many podcasts as possible, from The Chameleon Academy, as they have the most accurate and up-to-date info! Also make sure to correct his husbandry ASAP! Here are two great lists:

Attachments

• 98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 74
  • AA3AB99C-5E76-42EB-9A16-FB39CFEA51AD.jpeg
    AA3AB99C-5E76-42EB-9A16-FB39CFEA51AD.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 75
Hello, everyone just a update I brought him to a vet and it turns out he has MBD and Gout, I got anti flammatory meds and liquid calcium, she also said he has a lack of vitamin A. So im going to get it. Thank you very much everyone and I am hoping for a speedy recovery.

Hello, everyone just a update I brought him to a vet and it turns out he has MBD and Gout, I got anti flammatory meds and liquid calcium, she also said he has a lack of vitamin A. So im going to get it. Thank you very much everyone and I am hoping for a speedy recovery.
Hope he feels better soon!

Back
Top Bottom