PLease HELP My veild chameleon hind legs not moving well

Symptoms...swollen ankles, wrists and sometimes toes...dangling a leg off the branch because it's too painful to stand on it....sitting in the same place for long times dangling the legs...not climbing much...Uric acid crystals showing up in the X-rays and high uric acid in the lab tests.
He doesn’t have anything swollen, I still think he fell and pinched a nerve.

In my opinion, there definitely seems to be more going on with him than just the fall. It's not very common for a chameleon to fall hard or far enough to injure themself with no reason behind it. In the pictures you showed he sadly looks pretty unhealthy. His back legs do seem to look pretty off, either because of his bad mbd or because he may have gout starting to form. Also, IMO he seems to be beginning to store excess fat in his cheeks and you have mentioned that you are feeding him too much fatty food too often so that could possibly be another health problem beginning to form. This is an urgent issue and you need to get him to a vet ΑSAP! He doesn't look to have a super severe or obvious case of gout (if it turns out to be gout) or whatever else it may be, so if you get him to a vet soon, he has a good chance and pulling through. Chameleons tend to go downhill extremely fast, and if you delay taking him to the vet, it may be too late once you get around to it. That may be harsh of me to say, but he seems to not be as healthy as he should be, and it would be very sad for you to lose your little guy. ):

In my opinion, there definitely seems to be more going on with him than just the fall. It's not very common for a chameleon to fall hard or far enough to injure themself with no reason behind it. In the pictures you showed he sadly looks pretty unhealthy. His back legs do seem to look pretty off, either because of his bad mbd or because he may have gout starting to form. Also, IMO he seems to be beginning to store excess fat in his cheeks and you have mentioned that you are feeding him too much fatty food too often so that could possibly be another health problem beginning to form. This is an urgent issue and you need to get him to a vet ΑSAP! He doesn't look to have a super severe or obvious case of gout (if it turns out to be gout) or whatever else it may be, so if you get him to a vet soon, he has a good chance and pulling through. Chameleons tend to go downhill extremely fast, and if you delay taking him to the vet, it may be too late once you get around to it. That may be harsh of me to say, but he seems to not be as healthy as he should be, and it would be very sad for you to lose your little guy. ):
Ok thank you very much. I’m bringing him to the vet on Monday

Make sure it is a vet that actually knows reptiles and chameleons. I would see if you can get him in sooner then Monday. When they start physically showing health issues they can all the sudden decline rapidly. I would expect them to do a blood draw and take an xray.
Thank you, he started moving his tail again and he is moving his legs more often he might be getting better.

Hello everyone I have been closely looking at him and I was just touching him on the spine and he started vibrating and shaking his head, I am really thinking he pinched a nerve what can I do. And what can a vet do.

Back
Top Bottom