PLEASE HELP my chameleon puked up a whole worm and some cricket matter

jackthejellydragon

Avid Member
He puked it up yesterday after feeding him. I did not see him do it. It is a whole worm and cricket s chewed up. He is a male about 1 year old. He looks perfectly fine and is acting normal. The only thing is the puke. The picture is below.
20F43E76-C00F-485A-AF9C-14F723F15B65.jpeg

Feeding feeders that are too large for the chameleon can do this... The skin on hornworms gets tougher the bigger they get so they do not squish well when they try to chew them. Also you have a higher bite risk when they are larger because their mandibles are much more developed. They can bit the mouth and the tongue. Try feeding just the crickets and see how he does.

Try the crickets first with the supplement your supposed to use. See if he has any issues. If he pukes them up then you need a reptile vet for an exam.

Ok will do. Should I feed him today if I fed him yesterday.
He puked them up yesterday and since we need to figure out if this was due to the hornworm or something more I would suggest feeding him a few crickets today. Keep an eye on him and see if he pukes. If he does... Find an experienced reptile vet and get him in. Take in a fecal as well.

is this possibly fatal or can I somewhat relax and not worry.
relax... This can happen. I have seen it most commonly when people feed hornworms that are too big. Like I said go ahead and feed him some crickets. See how he does since he puked yesterday. He should be hungry.

Back
Top Bottom