Please help me sex my Ambanja/Ambilobe panther ! :)

oh ok did you hatch him yourself? I'm saying this because my 3 month old panther is smaller than him. Maybe he's just maturing early.
No I brought him home 2 days ago, the pics might be distorted making him look bigger, because he's pretty tiny. Do you have any advice on getting them to eat, I'm feeding him BSFL and a tiny bit of wax worms, but he's only eaten about 3 bugs since coming home. I leave the cup in the cage for a few hours and he doesn't touch them. Is it because its a new environment and he will eat eventually ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

No I brought him home 2 days ago, the pics might be distorted making him look bigger, because he's pretty tiny. Do you have any advice on getting them to eat, I'm feeding him BSFL and a tiny bit of wax worms, but he's only eaten about 3 bugs since coming home. I leave the cup in the cage for a few hours and he doesn't touch them. Is it because its a new environment and he will eat eventually ? Or am I doing something wrong ?
It is normal for them to be stressed and to not eat after just getting transported and put in a new environment 2 days ago. He needs to adapt to his new environment. Once he does get settled he will eat like a pig?like an unlimited supply should be given to him he should eat like 10-20 a day and then starting at 9 months gradually cut back his feedings to only about a couple a day.

It is normal for them to be stressed and to not eat after just getting transported and put in a new environment 2 days ago. He needs to adapt to his new environment. Once he does get settled he will eat like a pig?like an unlimited supply should be given to him he should eat like 10-20 a day and then starting at 9 months gradually cut back his feedings to only about a couple a day.
Ahhhh thank god haha, around how long until he should be settled in and begin to eat more ?

Ahhhh thank god haha, around how long until he should be settled in and begin to eat more ?
my female veiled took about a week to get settled in, my panther was insantly settled. I would guess a couple days to a week or so. Possibly even more than a week

he's a cute lil guy whered you get him from?
I got him from The Reptile Room in Hayward California
I attached a photo of the parents, the dad is the red and the moms genetics is the purple blue. Im super excited to see how his colors turn out !!
IMG_3924.jpg
IMG_3925.jpg

Hey, it's been about a month, I have a couple more pictures to help sex him 100% and an update: He is finally eating regularly! And like you guys said, he eats like a pig!! The first three pics are to help sex him, and the second two are part of the update:
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_6316.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 95
I would never feed a chameleon a mealworm
I didn't want to, but he hadn't eaten in a really long time, so I tried those because I know he used to eat them before I got him. My primary feeder is crickets now, he loves them, as well as BSFL but they are impossible to find right now, which is another reason I got the meal worms. I know meal worms are very low in nutrition, and I don't plan on feeding those again, it was a one time thing to get him to eat. My purpose of posting was mostly just to make sure he's a boy since I got better pics, and to update that he finally ate! I appreciate you saying that though, had I not known it would have helped me a lot :) From the pictures do you see male?

I recommend you add more things to his diet like hornworms roaches and any flies or moths. mine ate the first time I fed him, but I know most of them take a few days.

Back
Top Bottom