Please help!! Jackson’s Chameleon false pregnancy?

GanonPascal

Hey there, you might remember me from a few months back. I have a female Jackson’s Chameleon with organ toxicity from a D3 overdose.

Since taking some advice, I immediately started hydration to flush out her system and limited her diet and light times and now she’s better than ever. She made a full recovery and has been doing so wonderful.

I’ve noticed recently she’s been storing a lot of fat, as in she’s gotten a lot chunkier than she’s been. She’s always ready to eat, so that doesn’t surprise me. Though when I woke up this morning to turn her lights on, I found her upside down with these attached to her and on the floor of her cage.

to her. She dropped about 12-14 of these in ten minutes, was pushing and breathing really hard, and now she’s running around her enclosure just fine again, occasionally stopping to push again. She looks like she’s lost 15 Chameleon pounds. I’ve looked this up and can’t find anything anywhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 84
Those are "slugs" unfertilized eggs if she is not bred she will pass them 2-3 times a year. Give her a nice long misting and something good to eat. She may not eat for 24 hrs but it's worth a try.

Those are "slugs" unfertilized eggs if she is not bred she will pass them 2-3 times a year. Give her a nice long misting and something good to eat. She may not eat for 24 hrs but it's worth a try.

I thought so, thank you so much. I gave her a long misting and she drank a bunch of water, and she’s following my fingers around with her tongue out likes she’s hungry. (She does that a lot, she even does that to my dog when he walks past her cage.)

It looks like you have done wonders for her. :)
Some of my girls are like that. It's hard to resist over feeding them.

Thank you, she’s my pride and joy. When something is wrong/happens to her I lose my mind a bit. No matter how much research I do, I can never know enough lol.

Back
Top Bottom