Please help is my chameleon dead

She’s been like this for 1 day today is her second day because my mom put her in a box and didnt let me look at her

In order to prevent mbd you have to use a linear T5ho reptuson 5.0 or an arcadia 6% bulb along with lightly dusting your insects with plain calcium, no D3, every day and then once or twice a month dust them with a calcium with D3 and a multivitamine. There’s more info but if you decide to get another Cham please come back here before you get it and let us help you set up an enclosure that’s perfect for your Cham as well as teach you about supplements and everything else there is to know about it. there are other reptiles out there that are easier to keep and just as much fun as well so maybe you should choose one of those instead.

In order to prevent mbd you have to use a linear T5ho reptuson 5.0 or an arcadia 6% bulb along with lightly dusting your insects with plain calcium, no D3, every day and then once or twice a month dust them with a calcium with D3 and a multivitamine. There’s more info but if you decide to get another Cham please come back here before you get it and let us help you set up an enclosure that’s perfect for your Cham as well as teach you about supplements and everything else there is to know about it. there are other reptiles out there that are easier to keep and just as much fun as well so maybe you should choose one of those instead.
ok thanks

There’s been too many dead/dying posts this week and it’s only Tuesday, so I’m afraid I’m with Beman. The best I can offer is to educate yourself all that you can if you are thinking about getting another chameleon in the future. They, and all reptiles, have very specific needs that need to be met or they suffer. Here is the best resource for learning. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/

There’s been too many dead/dying posts this week and it’s only Tuesday, so I’m afraid I’m with Beman. The best I can offer is to educate yourself all that you can if you are thinking about getting another chameleon in the future. They, and all reptiles, have very specific needs that need to be met or they suffer. Here is the best resource for learning. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/
I did go there before I even got her a few months later she just started to refuse to eat and started sleeping during the day so i know she’s dead now

She looks like she's dead. If she's not breathing and doesn't move at all when you touch her, then she's likely dead.
If that's the case, sorry for your loss.
How old are you?

You need to learn how to keep a chameleon properly before you get another one.
I am 10 I did a lot of research on chameleons like for a year before i got her

And new chameleons. What’s up you ask? PetCo and the like are back to full scale operations after COVID. It is crazy to see this effect.

I am sorry for your loss. Much of the care was off. You did what you were told so don’t be hard on yourself. If you plan to get another chameleon talk to us and we will get you going correctly.

Back
Top Bottom