Please help identify Panther Chameleon

JustBeachy

I am curious about the locale of our panther chameleon. He was found on our property and we have had him now for two months. I haven’t been able to nail down locale based on my internet searches and limited knowledge. His typical color is green on his upper half, red on his lower half, divided by a white and turquoise stripe. He does turn a brilliant orange at times and at night, and he seems to lose most of his color when stressed. Any help is appreciated.
AA4B2BAF-FFF6-40A5-AFD2-1270F287D249.jpeg
DB04CF7E-A65D-464B-80CF-1335F91DECCE.jpeg
52F5D51E-6463-420A-9B28-49A4D123E5CE.jpeg
CF1647BA-8AC7-466C-BCC6-4528E77E17B7.jpeg

Attachments

• A1F6A1EE-E274-4DF0-AA1D-BD2E286BCCD9.jpeg
    A1F6A1EE-E274-4DF0-AA1D-BD2E286BCCD9.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 84
  • E3DF09F8-F019-4EEB-9E30-92E3A225176B.jpeg
    E3DF09F8-F019-4EEB-9E30-92E3A225176B.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 83
why is he by the pool!!?!?
We live in SWFL and built him an outdoor enclosure for the summertime. We’ll bring him indoors when the temperature drops. I let him out of his enclosure to roam our large screened in lanai every now and then. He usually walks by the pool to head towards the banana tree and greenery in the corner of the lanai and hangs out there. I’m always outside with him.

That makes a lot of sense. Hadn’t thought about it from that angle.
Yeah when they come in from Madagascar their colors are true to the locale that they originate in. So you can really tell if your well versed in the color patterns of each. There are so many different locales in Florida now and they have all been cross breeding so this really creates a difference in the colors you see.
This might be a good reference and give you a slight idea what he may have linage of https://www.madcham.de/en/category/...ten/lokalformen-von-furcifer-pardalis/page/2/

Yeah when they come in from Madagascar their colors are true to the locale that they originate in. So you can really tell if your well versed in the color patterns of each. There are so many different locales in Florida now and they have all been cross breeding so this really creates a difference in the colors you see.
This might be a good reference and give you a slight idea what he may have linage of https://www.madcham.de/en/category/...ten/lokalformen-von-furcifer-pardalis/page/2/
Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply. Much appreciated!

Thank you! It was definitely a sweet surprise! Never even thought about owning one, but we're "all in" now, building enclosures, breeding feeders, and learning everything we can about them!
Just make sure that when you get him inside he has the correct lighting and all that good stuff other than that good luck with your GORGEOUS chameleon

Back
Top Bottom