Please Help Identification!

RobSquared

Hello everyone. Just a quick background about me. I have been interested in Chameleons for almost 4 years now but have never pulled the trigger and get one. My wife knew about this interest for a long time and we were at the pet store this weekend and behold they had a male and female Chameleon for sale that I just fell on love with. So I ended up purchasing them and the associated equipment they needed to be happy. However I did just get a smaller cage knowing I wanted to build by own soon. I would like to know for sure what type of Chameleon I have so I can build their new home according to their needs. I am pretty sure from my research they are from the Jackson family but wanted to make sure so that is why I am coming to you for help. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Bonnie.jpg
    Bonnie.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Bonnie1.jpg
    Bonnie1.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 145
  • Clyde.jpg
    Clyde.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Clyde2.jpg
    Clyde2.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 131
Congrats on the new chameleons! You have a pair of the most common type of Jackson's chameleons (Jacksonii xantholophus)

Here is a care sheet specific to their needs, in case you have any questions: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

I don't know if you were planning on this already or not, but since you're building a cage make sure that you divide it down the middle so that they are separate. Jackson's give live birth to babies so if they're in the same cage they will breed constantly and you'll wake up with tens of babies in the cage every so often. She'll be happier without the pestering as well :)

Thank you very much. I was pretty sure that they were both Jacksons but wanted the expertise in this forum to inform me as I was just basing my thoughts off of pictures from multiple books I had purchased. I did not plan on seperating the cage but with your information I will do that for sure. I appreciate the care sheets as well as I want to make sure my Chameleons are happy with their new home. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom