PLEASE HELP ~ Chameleon has burns

View attachment 317798
Here he is with his cream on, poor baby
Those marks n his side that you put the burn cream on I don't think are burns. Remember...I'm not a vet and it's only my opinion.
Even if they aren't burns, putting the cream on them shouldn't hurt him. I'm not even sure if the mark on the casque is a burn since so many of the veileds get a darker mark there normally anyway.

He's like WTH did you just do to me!! Poor Lil guy. What kind of bulb do you have? I have the spot flood light and in on particular area it gets REALLY hot so the hand on the back of the screen thing doesn't work - you have to just raise it up and measure carefully with a probe. Especially if Van's getting burned somehow, gotta up the troubleshooting ante.
He has a ceramic heat bulb so it really puzzled me how he got burnt. And he was such a little champ!!! He didn’t hiss he didn’t gape or even move! I’m so proud of him!

Yea mine has a very dark back of casque
Yeah Van’s casque never had that coloration but he just got the black spot and I was freaked out but I waited and these black spots didn’t change color so I believe they’re burns. But it wouldn’t make sense with placement but I think the higher dots on his sides are burns not sure about the lower one he likes to throw a brown stripe there but now it’s black? Maybe the dark color absorbed more heat meaning a burn? I’m not sure but just to be safe I put some on

To me the more I look at it the more I agree I can’t tell if this is a burn or not bc it’s odd that it’s in the same place those markings are
Yeah he’s had brown there but never black so it freaked me out I was guessing maybe the dark color absorbed it while green kinda reflected it? Does that sound stupid? Part of his casque like a scale or two was kind of a white ish color and he just finished shedding a couple days ago so I wondered if it was some kind of blistering.

When Mushu and Spring are angry, their white stripe turns black. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah Van likes to turn all black when angry he’s never done those spots straight black and have other green colors which led me to believe they’re burns plus his odd behavior today while handling, he likes to be handled
Those marks n his side that you put the burn cream on I don't think are burns. Remember...I'm not a vet and it's only my opinion.
Even if they aren't burns, putting the cream on them shouldn't hurt him. I'm not even sure if the mark on the casque is a burn since so many of the veileds get a darker mark there normally anyway.
Yeah I’m not sure I do think the one on his casque is. Would it be possible for his color to change over the course of a day or two and just stay that way completely?

Your beautiful photo from Dec 6th shows the black markings, @Casket_Case.
If it makes you feel better, you can continue to put the cream on your boy since it won't hurt him at all, but I'm fairly certain those are just his adorable markings. 😉
I looked him over again and the one on his head is for sure a burn it’s very small though and yeah I think you’re right I think I just got freaked out when I saw that one and believed his stripes to be burns too

Hi! So I was looking at my baby, and she had discolored spots on her casque, that suddenly turned to black and gray marks, as if she were burnt. It has me worried, and I don't know what to do!
Photo on 1-18-22 at 4.54 PM #3.jpg
Photo on 1-18-22 at 4.53 PM.jpg
Photo on 1-18-22 at 4.54 PM.jpg

Your basking temperature should be 80F. In addition to that, you should/can test the basking light to make sure it's not hot enough to burn your chameleon by holding your hand palm side DOWN, inside the cage, at the closest spot possible to the basking light. If you want to move your hand, then it's likely going to burn the chameleon.

I'm not sure if it's a burn or not....photos aren't clear enough on my tablet.
If it's a burn, you can put some flamazine cream on it to make sure it doesn't get infected and let it heal.

Back
Top Bottom