Please help asap

Kahre.webb

Hi my friend gave me her chameleon earlier today and she said she had a bump on her back I didn't think to much of it intill I saw it... I don't know what they are and were hoping you guys could help me.. her name is pascal and she has the one big bump/abscess and then it looks like 2 more starting. She is not itching or scratching the area and my friend said they have not been bothering her.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325-005646_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-005646_Gallery.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220325-005641_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-005641_Gallery.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 67
Hello and welcome.

Personally, I would say this is needed vet visit. Just to know what it's, i.e. a abscess or excessive mineral build-up due over-supplementation. Unfortunately no one here can answer your question and can only guess what it could be and if it's harmful or not to her.

Could you also post a picture of her complete enclosure. In general we advice to not use such ropes you're using for a chameleon, because it can tear off their nails and especially a female needs her nails to dig during her egg laying process.

The rope in the picture are just some hung to my wall they like clibling my plants climbing my walls I have soft ropes in her incloser and branches for climbing.. I have ordered more climbing branches from Amazon and they should be here soon but for now this is her home

Attachments

• 20220325_011840.jpg
    20220325_011840.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 60
Thank you, as for the branches. Most of us, use branches and sticks from the garden or forest. At least somewhere you for sure it isn't sprayed with chemicals. All commercial, especially artificial, branches are over prized and sometimes harmful for your chameleon.

Are you open for feedback and advice? There're some that can and need to be changed for the health of Pascal and maybe those adjustments are the cause of her bumps. If, then please fill out underneath form by copy / paste it and complement it with your answers. Main time some links and more important to take in consideration, is she will eventually lay infertile eggs and therefore you need to supply her with a lay bin, see info below.

By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Here some informational links, which we recommend to read.

https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/

5678992E-C4E6-42FF-BEA7-60CDBD1FAD57.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom