Please give your most honest opinions on these 2 chams

Status
Not open for further replies.

alee

I got 2 chams Thursday, 5/19, they are supposed to be Faly's. I was told the male is 6 months, and the female is 9 months.

These 2 were not taken by me, but are supposed to be very recent-

Screenshot2011-05-19at45029PM.png

Screenshot2011-05-19at45012PM.png

The following pics of the female and the male were taken by me this morning, this is how I received them-

left side- burn marks, maybe bruises?
P1010901.jpg

DSC_0765-1.jpg

belly pic-
P1010907.jpg

DSC_0767-1.jpg

DSC_0775-1.jpg

DSC_0778-1.jpg

DSC_0784-2.jpg

DSC_0783-1.jpg

DSC_0786-1.jpg

Thank you.

Amy

That looks like brusing on the female.

They both look horribly skinny, are they wild caughts?

I cant tell if they are Falys or not but I can tell you they need alot of TLC.

I totally agree with Jessica, I got a female with the same bruises from being mated with a male( she got scratched) I was told that it will take about two sheds to heal. It has been more than two sheds and the bruises are still there, they have reduced in size. I do wonder sometimes if it will ever completely heal. Only time will tell. Good luck with them and fatten them up with some hornworms!:p

the male looks like a nosy be and do not look like a nosy faly to me but i could be wrong. sad to say the female is like any other female and you can never truly tell what locale she is unless by the word of the previous owner or seller, or if you breed her...both look in pretty skinny in the legs and tail, and need some TLC to be CB.

i think you should contact the people asap

Last edited:
i think the male is beautiful!!!!! just needs some love! love his color pinwheel around the eyes

Male, 6 months? No…. Female 9 months? No…

They look like WC animals or poorly kept CB. The male is not too bad, but judging by your pictures and the sunk in heads that they both have they were not kept very well.

Male, 6 months? No…. Female 9 months? No…

They look like WC animals or poorly kept CB. The male is not too bad, but judging by your pictures and the sunk in heads that they both have they were not kept very well.

How old do you think they are? The female is very small.

Just looking at your pictures, the female is what s/v about 4"? i tried to guess from the pictures. Both chameleons need some rehab. They are skinny, it look like a bruise on the female's tummy. They are pretty beat up. They look more like fresh wild caught. jmo I think you will be fine with them if you want to spent the time, but there is some major TLC needed here.

The male looks like a blue bodied red bars Ambilobe to me. He might be CB but looks like a fresh import. He looks rather skinny and was probably not fed properly if he is indeed CB. Age wise, he can be 6 months but has a lot coloring so I'm leaning more towards at least 9 months and above.

The female has an old burn on her left side that has already healed. Her belly looks like it could be a recent bruise or minor burn. I don't think anyone can tell with a 100% certainty what locale females are (and the same goes for some males) but she kinds of looks like my female Nosy Mitsio, coloring wise.

I hope you get most of your money back (if not all) because they were blatantly misrepresented and overly priced. I think the seller "flipped" these "rescues" and obviously came out with an $800 profit. In your other post, you mentioned reporting her on the BOI but I didn't see any new threads regrading a bad chameleon transaction. I highly suggest you post a thread on the BOI if you haven't already. I think if you could have gotten some really nice and similar Ambilobes or baby Nosy Falys from the ads I'm seeing on kingsnake for a lot less. Sorry :eek:.

From experience, people buy pairs in hopes of breeding them in the future. I would suggest you just keep them as special pets and give them the TLC they never got from their previous owners. I don't think they are Nosy Falys and probably shouldn't be bred as such. Just my opinion.

I also want to add that the female looks gravid, her coloring is orange and black. you may want to have a laying bin available to her just in case she needs to lay eggs

Honesty I'd treat as if they wild caughts. Keep them quarantined, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Keep food accessible and a dripper. Give em privacy and a laying bin for the female.

Also after they have settled in a few weeks I would have a fecal done just to make sure you are not dealing with a heavy load of parasites.

Good luck! They sure are pretty its a shame to see them so emeciated.

Honesty I'd treat as if they wild caughts. Keep them quarantined, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Keep food accessible and a dripper. Give em privacy and a laying bin for the female.

Also after they have settled in a few weeks I would have a fecal done just to make sure you are not dealing with a heavy load of parasites.

Good luck! They sure are pretty its a shame to see them so emeciated.
Seconded, though I wouldn't call them emaciated. Get them settled in a big leafy viv with hot basking and as long as there's not a parasite issue they'll eat themselves chunky in no time. Variety of flying things and vitamins. Just the basics and play it by ear, the more careful the better. SSDD lol.

Hey Alee, they do not look Faly's to me. But for sure they need lots of care. Keep an eye on that spot on the female, it looks like skin infection.

So sorry

It sucks when you get duped!:mad:
Can you please post who the seller is and possibly the original ad?
Im so sorry this happened to you. I know everyone is all about saving every chameleon but if your expecting something that you plan on investing a lot of time and money into especially a breeding program I would try to ship them back and get your money back. Unless you have the space and want too. Me personally i have limited space and would DEF send them back and demand a refund. Again please post ad or seller info so someone else doesnt have this happen to them.
Thanks

It sucks when you get duped!:mad:
Can you please post who the seller is and possibly the original ad?
Im so sorry this happened to you. I know everyone is all about saving every chameleon but if your expecting something that you plan on investing a lot of time and money into especially a breeding program I would try to ship them back and get your money back. Unless you have the space and want too. Me personally i have limited space and would DEF send them back and demand a refund. Again please post ad or seller info so someone else doesnt have this happen to them.
Thanks

I am sorry, I am not able to answer your questions. It will break forum rules, but please check Fauna Classifieds, the entire story is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom