please give me an idea for new baby panther

artist9369

Hi
i purchased baby male panther chameleon from CB reptiles. they have option to select sex male or female with extra$50. i choose male and the baby does not look like male.

they said they have onsite biologist and they are 70-80% accuracy. if the baby eventually shows up female, they not going to exchange and just partially refund that sex option$50.

i am little bit upset, this lovely baby has scars on its head. fortunately she/ he is very healthy eating and pooping good.

however i am not ready for female, laying egg and treatment something like that...

since they are not exchange it, what other option i could have? is it possible to exchange female to male panther here?

please see the picture and let me know it is boy or girl( I'm 99% sure its a girl)

thanks for your reply

Attachments

• 20190215_231818.jpg
    20190215_231818.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 20190208_210421.jpg
    20190208_210421.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 20190216_111254.jpg
    20190216_111254.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 20190216_132310.jpg
    20190216_132310.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 268
Was the exchange policy explained to you up front? And if it is a girl will they only refund part of the $50 sex fee or the whole thing? Were you shown a picture of the exact Cham you were purchasing before you pulled the trigger?

Can you post quality close ups of the scars?

i did not focus it. i just guess they would exchange, because i saw some cases breeder exchange them. they never send me the picture for chameleon before purchase.

i have sent a picture right after i receive her. their answer was no bulge at that age, need more time to come out or sex fee refund if it is female.

i will post the clear picture of the scar

i did not focus it. i just guess they would exchange, because i saw some cases breeder exchange them. they never send me the picture for chameleon before purchase.

i have sent a picture right after i receive her. their answer was no bulge at that age, need more time to come out or sex fee refund if it is female.

i will post the clear picture of the scar

Attachments

• 20190221_092753.jpg
    20190221_092753.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 20190221_092736.jpg
    20190221_092736.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 203
yea i agree that she looks female they will have a bulge straight from the egg, it may be hard to tell at this age but once she hits 3 months or so you'll be able to tell. though its not like they just suddenly grow a bulge, they're born with it

yea i agree that she looks female they will have a bulge straight from the egg, it may be hard to tell at this age but once she hits 3 months or so you'll be able to tell. though its not like they just suddenly grow a bulge, they're born with it

they said same thing,
according to seller this one hatched oct 1st 18. so it is now 4month now

Wow, I am so sorry. Does look like female by the head.
Yes, i agreed. that is why i post this. female was not my plan, and seller won't exchange. what should l do if i want male again.

is there any chance to find any breeder or seller to exchange with male in this website?

Tortoise town/ cb reptile/ star tortoise world strikes again :unsure:.

Yes, i agreed. that is why i post this. female was not my plan, and seller won't exchange. what should l do if i want male again.

is there any chance to find any breeder or seller to exchange with male in this website?

I doubt it for several reasons but, I'm curious, did they give you lineage on her?

That is one of the bigger reasons why I doubt it. There are a few threads now here on why not to go through them. Sorry you didn't what you wanted from them :(.

nothing i can do, hopefully i could do something for this poor baby girl before she lay her egg.

It looks female but do you at least know the locale that you purchased? Well that might not help since they have "biologists" that can't tell a male from a female.

It looks female but do you at least know the locale that you purchased? Well that might not help since they have "biologists" that can't tell a male from a female.

i ordered male ambilobe, yea i should have more researched here before purchase.

did not know about their reputations.

I don't know anyone that will be able to take her but when you buy your next panther there are a lot of great breeders on this forum that will ship to you. Personally @Matt Vanilla Gorilla is my go to breeder and I know I'm not the only one who knows how knowledgeable and helpful he is. It's very important to go with a breeder that can help support you even after the purchase.

I don't know anyone that will be able to take her but when you buy your next panther there are a lot of great breeders on this forum that will ship to you. Personally @Matt Vanilla Gorilla is my go to breeder and I know I'm not the only one who knows how knowledgeable and helpful he is. It's very important to go with a breeder that can help support you even after the purchase.
Thank you for that! It is just what I needed today! You made my day!

Back
Top Bottom