plastic cage bottom?

Marc10edora

Avid Member
Has anybody had any experience using a plastic floor for the bottom of the terrrarium with no substrate? I'm planning on designing my veileds new cage with a plastic floor with a drain in it. That way I can wash down the bottom of the tank everyday. It will be non reflective and have a little texture so it won't be so slippery. Does this sound like a good idea?

Absolutely!
In fact many people have used a washing machine drain pan or a sink or a shower pan and built the cage around that.
Works great and easy to clean and sterelize.

-Brad

I use 1/8” PVC type plastic for all my true chameleon enclosure bottoms – even reptariums. I get it from a local plastic store. It’s easy to cut and won’t crack, I also drill large holes covered with screen for draining – goes into a funnel with tubing then into a bucket. I wouldn’t worry about it being smooth/slippery. I also use a drain pan for my spinosum enclosure too.

-roo

Absolutely!
In fact many people have used a washing machine drain pan or a sink or a shower pan and built the cage around that.
Works great and easy to clean and sterelize.

-Brad

But do you use any substrate/reptile carpet over the plastic. Or do you just leave it as it is?

Back
Top Bottom