Plants

danny_cham

Established Member
So Danny’s XL enclosure arrived today. How should I rig up plants so that there foliage around the top of the enclosure rather than just resting on the bottom? It’s a screen cage so I couldn’t use suction or glue or anything like that.

My plants are still young and not large enough to rest on the bottom and provide full foliage.

You can try a wooden or plastic trellis pieces cut to fit in the sides of the screen cage and place branches across and diagonal from them and hang plants on the branches or criss cross the branches leaving a space just wide enough to tuck a plant pot. That’s what I have done in mine.

You can try a wooden or plastic trellis pieces cut to fit in the sides of the screen cage and place branches across and diagonal from them and hang plants on the branches or criss cross the branches leaving a space just wide enough to tuck a plant pot. That’s what I have done in mine.
That’s a good idea! Do you mind posting a picture so I can see?

Here is my set up

Attachments

• D6202988-CE80-46F9-9ED8-B5E8FA3B19AA.jpeg
    D6202988-CE80-46F9-9ED8-B5E8FA3B19AA.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 70
It looks great! Just a question for you. I see the basking light. Is the other light in the corner the UVB/ UVA light? If so why is it back there and not in the middle so it can penetrate evenly through cage? I see its just a bulb. So it won't do much good. I can't remember if you said you was waiting on a light fixture. Just in case you didn't an Arcadia HO 5.0 work great

It looks great! Just a question for you. I see the basking light. Is the other light in the corner the UVB/ UVA light? If so why is it back there and not in the middle so it can penetrate evenly through cage? I see its just a bulb. So it won't do much good. I can't remember if you said you was waiting on a light fixture. Just in case you didn't an Arcadia HO 5.0 work great
I didn’t think about putting it in the middle. I’ll make sure I do that. It is a bulb. The previous owner cage me the bulb and the fixture along with the rest of the stuff.

Wrong bulb he will get mbd or just sick with that bulb. Only covers small spot. That's why you need a t5ho 5 or 6 percent 24 inch

Petco near me only carries T8 reptisun 10.0 uvb 15 watts 18 inch. What distance to top branch do i need?

Do you have a PetSmart near you? They sell the Arcadia Pro T5 which is similar in price to ReptiSun and also comes with a 6% uvb bulb…and imo is better than ReptiSun.

Do you have a PetSmart near you? They sell the Arcadia Pro T5 which is similar in price to ReptiSun and also comes with a 6% uvb bulb…and imo is better than ReptiSun.
Believe me the petsmart is 2 hours away and doesn't carry anything for chameleons. I had a 50 dollar gift card and couldn't buy anything.

Back
Top Bottom