Plants

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
So even with my mist king system going off for a few minutes 3 times each day my plants keep drying up. Anyone have a way/idea to keep them from being under watered. 😥

So I’ve been watering my plants more. The majority of them are doing really well, but both my Pothos are just going downhill. They are wilting even though they are getting adequate amounts of water.
I’m not really sure what to do with them. Maybe I should just go get some new pothos and take out the current ones and try to nurse them back to health.

I have some I started and put out side in full sun so they'll grow faster. Pothos only die from to much or to little water. Very hard to kill. Or not good drainage can try adding sand. I put like 25 percent sand in one close to mist heads so they don't drown.

I have some I started and put out side in full sun so they'll grow faster. Pothos only die from to much or to little water. Very hard to kill. Or not good drainage can try adding sand. I put like 25 percent sand in one close to mist heads so they don't drown.
Ah well I’m doing something wrong cause they are dying :l
I need to figure out my watering then. What do you guys to for watering schedule?

I water two times a week. Ones your having problems with take finger dig in to see how wet or dry it is. Plants higher up in cage closer o lights need more water. Try adding sand if u think to much water. It will help drain if it is too much. Do you have a pic of plant so I can see

Annnnnd I’m back again! Just got home from my road trip, and I got to say, the plants are doing awful! I’ve had to throw away one already and three others leaves are getting crackly! I’m not sure what to do, I thought I gave plenty instructions on how to take care of my plants but apparently not. Nachito is doing fine tho. I was wondering if I should take out the grow light? It seems to be drying out the plants. Also what other plants should I get to cover space? My two ferns and umbrella tree arnt doing well and losing their leaves.
image.jpg

Without having read the whole thread I have two questions for you:

1. Are you regularly watering them?

2. Do you have a light specifically for plant growing?

This is very likely an issue with water and/or light.

I researched each plants watering habits and wrote down instructions on when to water them and I do have a grow light for plants.

its looks like the fern is directly under your basking light, iirc fern like humid and moist substrate u might want to move it to the cooler side of the enclosure.

its looks like the fern is directly under your basking light, iirc fern like humid and moist substrate u might want to move it to the cooler side of the enclosure.
I’ll certainly do that, also does anyone one know safe plants that do well in heat

Everything should do fine in the 80s. All my plants that are up top I water two times a week. Lower plants like once a week. It depends on dirt temps and humidity. They frens go low in cage. Like bottom of cage. Even pothos need to be water twice a week if up high where the heat is and low humidity

Back
Top Bottom