Plants

Yeah it's very therapeutic I'm hoping to go bio next year so this is giving me a good insight into what plants work best for me
Ask the bio folks, but I'm not sure what works well in pots will work exactly the same in a bioactive application—IDK. 🤷‍♂️

One of my concerns about bioactive is if one plant goes sideways and needs to be replaced—and the root systems are intertwined—how will it affect other plants? 🤷‍♂️

Ask the bio folks, but I'm not sure what works well in pots will work exactly the same in a bioactive application—IDK. 🤷‍♂️

One of my concerns about bioactive is if one plant goes sideways and needs to be replaced—and the root systems are intertwined—how will it affect other plants? 🤷‍♂️
I use the same plants in my bioactive that I had in pots. The only thing I’ve learned is to make sure the smaller plants are able to get enough light from the plant light. I haven’t planted the bottom very densely so removing a plant hasn’t been an issue.

I use the same plants in my bioactive that I had in pots. The only thing I’ve learned is to make sure the smaller plants are able to get enough light from the plant light.
IME, the same applies to potted plants; Those deep-penetrsting Sansi lights do help, but I've still had to make some small adjustments if/when one gets "shaded out".

I haven’t planted the bottom very densely so removing a plant hasn’t been an issue.
Wait... they'll fill in. Most plants go through different cycles of foliage vs. root growth. Then the fun may begin. 🤷‍♂️ 😁

IME, the same applies to potted plants; Those deep-penetrsting Sansi lights do help, but I've still had to make some small adjustments if/when one gets "shaded out".

Wait... they'll fill in. Most plants go through different cycles of foliage vs. root growth. Then the fun may begin. 🤷‍♂️ 😁
See i don't really need to go bioactive I'm just intrigued and feels like the direction of progression i probably won't put much in the bottom so my girl has plenty of space down there and try to have lots of features up the walls i suppose making the correct plant selection. I am aware that lol 😆 that if I %$# up it could b a costly pain but nothing ventured

See i don't really need to go bioactive I'm just intrigued and feels like the direction of progression i probably won't put much in the bottom so my girl has plenty of space down there and try to have lots of features up the walls i suppose making the correct plant selection. I am aware that lol 😆 that if I %$# up it could b a costly pain but nothing ventured
IDT it needs to be.

AFAIK, the only significant space you'll need at the bottom is for a lay bin. My walls are either covered by climbers ( Epipremnum aureum, Tradescantia zebrina, Hedera helix ) climbing up white ceiling egg create, or left reflective white to help with light penetration.

Some people would say you don't need a lay bin in bio. Infertile eggs just leave them. But I personally will probably put one in so I can easily remove the container without a fuss and see how many eggs she has layed so I know whether her diet amount is ok

Back
Top Bottom