plants

I am not familiar with that one... Smell it first lol. Some organic ones have a disgusting odor. If it is all coco fiber then this may or may not work in your favor. I used coco fiber for the first build I did... The plants struggled because the mix just did not retain moisture at all. I used fox farms the last round of plants... I think it was the one that said happy frog on it.
If you zoom in on the ingredients list, it says whats in it, I used thjs for my cannabis plants and its works really well im just wondering if the ingredients are chameleon safe

If you zoom in on the ingredients list, it says whats in it, I used thjs for my cannabis plants and its works really well im just wondering if the ingredients are chameleon safe
The ingredients look to be very similar to what is in mine. If it works for your other plants ;) I am sure it will work for these lol. But I would consider adding an inch of hydroballs to the bottom of the pots. Works really well for drainage if you have a plant that is right under a misting head. Then it wont get water logged.

The ingredients look to be very similar to what is in mine. If it works for your other plants ;) I am sure it will work for these lol. But I would consider adding an inch of hydroballs to the bottom of the pots. Works really well for drainage if you have a plant that is right under a misting head. Then it wont get water logged.

Speaking of misting how often how long should I mist for during the day, I have a reptirain mister...and should I mist at nught as well or just during the day time?

Speaking of misting how often how long should I mist for during the day, I have a reptirain mister...and should I mist at nught as well or just during the day time?
This is based on your environment. Most keepers will run theirs differently. I have a mistking so I can set the exact time and duration per misting which give more flexibility. I am only running 1 misting in the morning prior to the basking lamp kicking on and then 2 more at the end of the day after the basking lamp kicks off. Then I fog at night. I follow the natural hydration method. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-naturalistic-hydration/

This is based on your environment. Most keepers will run theirs differently. I have a mistking so I can set the exact time and duration per misting which give more flexibility. I am only running 1 misting in the morning prior to the basking lamp kicking on and then 2 more at the end of the day after the basking lamp kicks off. Then I fog at night. I follow the natural hydration method. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-naturalistic-hydration/
Does the mist king have a fogger as well?
Also is your basking lamp on 12hrs a day like your daylight and uvb bulbs?

Does the mist king have a fogger as well?
Also is your basking lamp on 12hrs a day like your daylight and uvb bulbs?
No, it does not have a fogger. But it has the ability so that I can fully customize my schedule and duration for each misting. I have a very very high ambient humidity level where I live to the point where I do run a dehumidifier to drop it for about 5 hours in the morning. So with the mistking I am able to run a 1 minute misting in the morning so it does not jump my levels up that much higher then I run a 2 minute and a 3 minute later in the day.

No, I run mine from 10am-3pm only then T5HO fixtures are on from 7:30-6:30pm. The three kick on and off 30 minutes apart. So it lights up gradually over an hour and a half and same at the end of the day when they start turning off.

No, it does not have a fogger. But it has the ability so that I can fully customize my schedule and duration for each misting. I have a very very high ambient humidity level where I live to the point where I do run a dehumidifier to drop it for about 5 hours in the morning. So with the mistking I am able to run a 1 minute misting in the morning so it does not jump my levels up that much higher then I run a 2 minute and a 3 minute later in the day.

No, I run mine from 10am-3pm only then T5HO fixtures are on from 7:30-6:30pm. The three kick on and off 30 minutes apart. So it lights up gradually over an hour and a half and same at the end of the day when they start turning off.
Amazing! So 30-50% humidity during the day....and what about at night?

Amazing! So 30-50% humidity during the day....and what about at night?
Yep 30-50% with 50 being a very max end... ideally your looking for a 30-40% daytime if you sticking with specifics. At night it can be up to 100%. I am currently fogging for 3 hours at night from 1am-4am when my cages are their coolest below 68. My ambient humidity in my house jumps quite high though to 70% without doing anything so I do not have to fog for a long period like others do. This is why it is based on your environment and levels.

Yep 30-50% with 50 being a very max end... ideally your looking for a 30-40% daytime if you sticking with specifics. At night it can be up to 100%. I am currently fogging for 3 hours at night from 1am-4am when my cages are their coolest below 68. My ambient humidity in my house jumps quite high though to 70% without doing anything so I do not have to fog for a long period like others do. This is why it is based on your environment and levels.
Could I use just a regular small humidifier and have it aimed at the encloser instead of a fogger? Pretty much the same thing ?

Could I use just a regular small humidifier and have it aimed at the encloser instead of a fogger? Pretty much the same thing ?
It needs to be a cool mist humidifier and yes you could... You could also modify one of these so you can adapt it to a pvc pipe... use the search function for this there are quite a few threads on it. I prefer top fill ones... It sucks to pull the tank off every day. lol

It needs to be a cool mist humidifier and yes you could... You could also modify one of these so you can adapt it to a pvc pipe... use the search function for this there are quite a few threads on it. I prefer top fill ones... It sucks to pull the tank off every day. lol

Yea the One I have is cool mist and I was going to modify it with a tube....should i put the tube at the top shooting into the enclosure or at the bottom and let it rise?

Yea the One I have is cool mist and I was going to modify it with a tube....should i put the tube at the top shooting into the enclosure or at the bottom and let it rise?
So it would have to go to the top. The fog settles rather then rises.

Awsome! Thank you so much! How long have you had chameleons for? You are ver knowledgable
It will only be 2 years this October... :) I read a ton of threads and listened to many podcasts by Bill Strand and have been in the forum since I started out... It allowed me to learn quite quickly. Took me about 5 months before I felt comfortable giving feedback. I am still learning too though but I do have a strong grasp on husbandry for Veileds and Panthers.

Back
Top Bottom