Plants!!!!!

vtcowgirl

scored HUGE today at Walmart! Plants were all only $1.00 each!!!! I got 28 of them!
image.jpeg

Found most on the safe plant list but wasn't sure on a few with not knowing the scientific names...

If anyone can advise if the following are safe or not it would be greatly appreciated!
Red aglaonema
Alocasia
Ponytail plant

I'm pretty sure the ponytail plant is a good one. But don't take my word for it I did find it on the list before

scored HUGE today at Walmart! Plants were all only $1.00 each!!!! I got 28 of them!View attachment 167151

Found most on the safe plant list but wasn't sure on a few with not knowing the scientific names...

If anyone can advise if the following are safe or not it would be greatly appreciated!
Red aglaonema
Alocasia
Ponytail plant
Are they still that same price?

Yeah it was a pleasant surprise, I spent half an hour trying to figure out the best ones within my budget since the larger ones were $20 or more, the mediums $10 and I had no clue about the small sizes, and one of the employees came up and said "isn't that a great deal." And I was like, "what." And she said they were all $1.00 no matter the original price....they just weren't marked. So, needless to say I loaded my cart full!

The pony tail palm is NOT safe. It may be nontoxic, but it has leaves like razor blades and pose a serious risk of injury to the chameleon. The water chestnut/aka money tree is toxic and hall has harmed livestock, so I'd leave it alone. The Alcoasia and aglaoema are no more dangerous than ficus or pothos, they have potentially irritating oxalates in their tissues, as do pothos and many other plants.

image.jpeg
Good to know! Most of the plants I got didn't end up in the cages as there were just too many! fortunately the money tree was one that did not! The pony tail plants did but are both very soft at this point and the edges not sharp at all, they actually feel more soft than the spider plants. I will keep checking them and take them out if that changes. The pothos and ivy and I can't remember what the tall "tree" one was but it was on the safe list... They all made it in! The rest I left outside the cage to hide the drainage trays underneath.

View attachment 167178 Good to know! Most of the plants I got didn't end up in the cages as there were just too many! fortunately the money tree was one that did not! The pony tail plants did but are both very soft at this point and the edges not sharp at all, they actually feel more soft than the spider plants. I will keep checking them and take them out if that changes. The pothos and ivy and I can't remember what the tall "tree" one was but it was on the safe list... They all made it in! The rest I left outside the cage to hide the drainage trays underneath.
Nice cages I'm jealous

Back
Top Bottom