Plants that ACTUALLY GROW without problems

Why are so many people on here not using a plant light? Just getting a dual bulb T5-HO hood and having 1 UVB light and 1 6.5K light will solve your like plant issues.

Plants want light and providing them good light is an easy thing to do. They will thrive with a nice 6.5k light shining down on them.
i'm getting that light

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/24hot5dobufi2.html the guy that owns the site suggested this one!

I don't know why it wouldn't be safe? Maybe best though to get a variety that isn't "fuzzy". I feed lemon-mint to my hissers (they love it) and my young veiled has spent some time crawling in it with no harm done.

Mint can grow 3 feet high.

I have a few varieties of mint in the herb garden, I had thought the oils might be a skin irritant. Catnip and basil both seem to do great in the same conditions as the mint as well. In fact our biggest basil plants are in the dark, wet area under the tomatoe jungle. But then I would think basil oils might be harmful as well.

If it isn't I might start a pygmy herb garden! Ha

I have a few varieties of mint in the herb garden, I had thought the oils might be a skin irritant. Catnip and basil both seem to do great in the same conditions as the mint as well. In fact our biggest basil plants are in the dark, wet area under the tomatoe jungle. But then I would think basil oils might be harmful as well.

If it isn't I might start a pygmy herb garden! Ha

well, I'm interested to know if it bothers your chameleons. Mint didn't appear to bother my young veiled. He had a mint and a ficus and a pothos to choose from, and he stayed mostly in the big mint. Could be because it has more leaf coverage though. his skin did not appear irritated.

none of my chams have appeared bothered by feeders that were eating mint
I have also used basil as a gutload from time to time. And my birds occasionally get to enjoy a leaf of basil.

Why are so many people on here not using a plant light? Just getting a dual bulb T5-HO hood and having 1 UVB light and 1 6.5K light will solve your like plant issues.

Plants want light and providing them good light is an easy thing to do. They will thrive with a nice 6.5k light shining down on them.

I'm going to order mine from lightmyreptile.

Michelle,,, what is a cane plant, is it like the corn plant that has a big thick trunk? Thanks, lisa

Lisa - sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes, you've described it exactly. I love it because when the leaves grow too long/tall and start to block the UVB and basking light I can just trim them back and they will keep growing. Also, they will send out side shoots (like a cactus, growing out and up from the side of the main trunk). You can break those off and re-pot them to get a new cane plant for yourself.

Lisa - sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes, you've described it exactly. I love it because when the leaves grow too long/tall and start to block the UVB and basking light I can just trim them back and they will keep growing. Also, they will send out side shoots (like a cactus, growing out and up from the side of the main trunk). You can break those off and re-pot them to get a new cane plant for yourself.

which type of cane plant do you use?
dumbcane Araceae and Dieffenbachia are not safe if your cham might eat any of it

Back
Top Bottom