Plants question

Chammy007

Established Member
What do you plant plants in? For example should you plant plants in a flowering pot, soil, peat moss? How about planting in soil 3 or 4 inches high from the bottom of the cage and then rocks on top of the soil to prevent the Cham from ingesting?
The plants I like are “china rose” and “croton”. Is it okay to have two different species of plants in a single Cham environment?
Thanks much. Any help is most appreciated.chammy007

Last edited:
What do you plant plants in? For example should you plant plants in a flowering pot, soil, peat moss? How about planting in soil 3 or 4 inches high from the bottom of the cage and then rocks on top of the soil to prevent the Cham from ingesting?
The plants I like are “china rose” and “croton”. Is it okay to have two different species of plants in a single Cham environment?
Thanks much. Any help is most appreciated.chammy007
Also, any suggestions on where to buy plants from?thanks again.

I mix play sand into the soil. It helps with drainage and reduces issues with root rot in wet environments where long misting can occur.
If I were to do a soil/sand combo what should I line the bottom of the cage with if anything at all? And what should the sand to soil ratio be. thanks much.chammy007

Last edited:
Has it been known that cham would ingest small rocks? Just curious
Actually now that I think about It i think I read that somewhere in my studies. Just processing so much info can barely keep up.thanks much. Chammy007

Just making sure. Should I fill the bottom of the cage with a soil/sand combo or just use a pot for planting plants?thanks so much.chammy007

Just making sure. Should I fill the bottom of the cage with a soil/sand combo or just use a pot for planting plants?thanks so much.chammy007

Sounds like you're interested in a Bioactive enclosure! Look into those I think that would suit your needs @Tony_S can link you to his build thread

Back
Top Bottom