Plants hanging from dragon ledges

jstrazishar

I was just wondering if anyone could provide pictures of plants that are hanging from dragon ledges to see if it’s something I think I could do. Thanks!

I don’t have a picture handy... but I made two holes in the side of a plastic plant pot (like that they come in from the nursery) and zipped tied them to the ledges. Hope that helps.

Here are some photos of my setup. I used zip ties to anchor the pots and branches onto the dragon ledges and foamed around them with great stuff pond and stone.
37B7B823-309B-4B68-8D27-EFFE8BEFD1BD.jpeg
0D538A1A-DB45-49CF-A605-C8023FD129C6.jpeg

I was just wondering if anyone could provide pictures of plants that are hanging from dragon ledges to see if it’s something I think I could do. Thanks!
It is very easy to hanging plants from Dragon Ledges. Here is an article that shows you exactly how to do it so you can plant up the sides of the cage.
Getting the Most from Your Dragon Ledges
A very cool advantage to this method is the pot-in-pot method in which you zip tie a plastic landscaping pot to the branch network and then you have the plant planted in an identical pot. This potted plant slips right into the mounted pot. This makes it very easy to change out plants if it is ever necessary.
Here is a picture of a cage build I am finishing up right now as well as previous cages that used the methods described in that article.

This last cage is just planted so it will be some months before those plants truly fill out. I am going to replace the Pothos with a big Nepenthes "Miranda" soon. It won't look as good to begin with, but in six months or so it will look incredible. This is a cage for a baby Meller's chameleon and will be good for about two years before she grows out to it.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom