Plants for 18x18x24 Glass Terrariums

CJ's Exotics

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! I am currently gathering supplies for a new project I am working on, what are you guys favorite plants to put into an 18x18x24 exo terra, that are chameleon safe? Thank you!

(cough, cough, furcifer...)

With the glass 18x18x24's, I say get more creative! The best part about them is planting them beautifully. Take a look through FLChams's safe plant list and pick a couple which wouldn't be practical in a typical big screen enclosure. There are a lot of fun, smaller options, some of which can add more color or ground cover. Asparagus fern, maidenhair fern, peperomia sp., pilea sp., small crotons, baby's tears, for example.

Of course, you'll want to make sure to get something big and sturdy for an animal to hang out on, too, so our go-to ficuses and scheffleras are always still good options for centerpieces

With the glass 18x18x24's, I say get more creative! The best part about them is planting them beautifully. Take a look through FLChams's safe plant list and pick a couple which wouldn't be practical in a typical big screen enclosure. There are a lot of fun, smaller options, some of which can add more color or ground cover. Asparagus fern, maidenhair fern, peperomia sp., pilea sp., small crotons, baby's tears, for example.

Of course, you'll want to make sure to get something big and sturdy for an animal to hang out on, too, so our go-to ficuses and scheffleras are always still good options for centerpieces
YES!!! That's why I chose this species, because they can get really pretty bioactive enclosures! I think I also want some vines climbing the back, because I plan for the back to be cork flats and hygrolon. I want mainly some Marcgravia to go on the back, which should make it look also nice. Do you know if Ficus pumila "Quercifolia" is safe?

Back
Top Bottom