Plant lights

iguac

Has anyone used these plant lights? Looking for plant lights for my umbrella tree and money tree for my little guys cage

Attachments

• 8082BC21-14F7-41AB-A2FD-37379988CAC4.jpeg
    8082BC21-14F7-41AB-A2FD-37379988CAC4.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 86
Guys quick question do you need to use the grow lights for indoor plants. Isnt the uvb and basking blub sufficient just curious and will add this to my list.

LED Grow Light for Indoor Plant,360° Gooseneck Dual Head Clip-on Plant Lights for Seedlings Succulents Micro-Greens,Timer Function (3 Modes & 10-Level Brightness) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TFHFP7Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_V2SHFb181GMM2
OK, the way I read the listing, that's a 50W desk plant light "for Seedlings Succulents Micro-Greens".
IMO, it's intended for the 6-8" African violet sitting on someones workstation; IDT it's powerful enough for a 48"H chameleon enclosure—it probably won't have the penetration to reach more than a few inches down into the enclosure.

Guys quick question do you need to use the grow lights for indoor plants. Isnt the uvb and basking blub sufficient just curious and will add this to my list.
IMO and experience, you need all three. Basking lights may have the spectrum, but not the coverage or penetration.

Of course it also depends on the species of plants in the enclosure. IDK about low-light plants, but any requiring med-full sun will likely need full-spectrum plant light.

I looked into this a while ago, and found that while T5 fluorescents are good lights, LEDs have many advantages.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/led-bar-recommendations.177698/#post-1598391

IMO and experience, you need all three.
I should elucidate. When I set up my beardie enclosure (which is only 30" (76cm) tall), I had the UVB and 75W basking light, which seemed pretty bright, but after a couple/few weeks, my succulents began showing definite signs of lack of sufficient light. I added a full-spectrum T5 plant bulb, and things have been... borderline sufficient. It really needs a second T5 of equal strength—either that or some LEDs, but I've changed some of the plants to those requiring less light, and things are holding steady.

My chameleon enclosure is 48" (120 cm) tall, so I knew I was definitely going to need something powerful enough to penetrate down into the jungle of Dracaena, Schefflera, & Ficus to reach the shorter plants lower down, and keep everything healthy. Hence the LED pads I linked above.

I am going to vouch for the awesomeness of the Sansi 70w grow panels. I have on top of my 4’ enclosures and now that one of my chams has finally stopped eating her poor hibiscus to near death, it is absolutely flourishing now. I’m actually going to have to cut it back some.

I am going to vouch for the awesomeness of the Sansi 70w grow panels. I have on top of my 4’ enclosures and now that one of my chams has finally stopped eating her poor hibiscus to near death, it is absolutely flourishing now. I’m actually going to have to cut it back some.
Do you hang the lights or are they sitting on top of the cage? Do you still have basking bulb?

Do you hang the lights or are they sitting on top of the cage? Do you still have basking bulb?
I have them. I wouldn't sit them directly on the screen top unless you have something like a Zen Habitats enclosure w/ reinforced top.

There are a number of ways of mounting these pads, as shown on the page. I placed a couple of wooden slats across the enclosure top to distribute the weight to the frame, and placed them on the slats. They're still less than an inch above the screen, and the screen doesn't get hot.

Yes, a basking light is still necessary. I'm currently using a 65W halogen flood in a bell-fixture, tilted to provide a gradient.

I do have them sitting on top of the enclosures, but it isn’t ideal to do so. It was supposed to be just temporary until I can get my chams permanently back into my spare room and then hang them, but that hasn’t yet happened. I do still use a basking bulb as LED puts off little to no heat.

There are a number of ways of mounting these pads, as shown on the page. I placed a couple of wooden slats across the enclosure top to distribute the weight to the frame, and placed them on the slats. They're still less than an inch above the screen, and the screen doesn't get hot.
Couldn't find the pic at first, but here it is. The mounting bracket is screwed into the scrap molding (left side) and the other side is just resting on the 1x2.
1612376810945.png

I do have them sitting on top of the enclosures, but it isn’t ideal to do so. It was supposed to be just temporary until I can get my chams permanently back into my spare room and then hang them, but that hasn’t yet happened. I do still use a basking bulb as LED puts off little to no heat.
Can you replace these bulbs?

I have them. I wouldn't sit them directly on the screen top unless you have something like a Zen Habitats enclosure w/ reinforced top.

Yes, a basking light is still necessary. I'm currently using a 65W halogen flood in a bell-fixture, tilted to provide a gradient.
Are these bulbs replaceable?

Back
Top Bottom