Plant Identification

CJ's Exotics

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_0628.JPG Hello! I got so me new to pants, and this was one of them. I would like to know the species name and if it will be safe for Chameleons and Dart Frogs. Thanks!

@Extensionofgreen ?

I think that is a peperomia. I think they are fine. I believe they are non-toxic to dogs and cats, but they are related to the rubber plant which is toxic to cats. Not sure for reptiles, but as I said, I think it is safe.

@Extensionofgreen ?

I think that is a peperomia. I think they are fine. I believe they are non-toxic to dogs and cats, but they are related to the rubber plant which is toxic to cats. Not sure for reptiles, but as I said, I think it is safe.
It was labeled Peperomia, but after looking at some other varieties, I was skeptical, but it is on the safe plant list on FLChams. Thank you!

@Extensionofgreen ?

I am pretty sure that I saw the rubber plant was safe for chameleons, so the peperomia may be safe. If you look up a rubber plant, it usually comes up with relatives of that plant. Maybe the peperomia will be one of the relatives.

It’s is a pepperonia sad they are mostly well suited for Chameleon habitats, with medium lighting, though that species will resent being too wet at the roots.

Back
Top Bottom