Plant identification please

Calegrey

There are several of these growing around my house and I would really like to set it up in my chameleon enclosure, both because it's really pretty and because the branches appear to be strong enough for climbing.
But I am not 100% sure of what it is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 157
What kind of chameleon do you have? If a Veild, they are plant eaters so you have to be careful what kind of plants you put in. I know Hibiscus flowers are safe for them. This looks like an Azalea to me, but usually the plant is much more leafy. That almost looks like small tree. Here is a pic of an Azalea. You think it is the same? Does it have the little stems in the middle of any of the flowers? It is hard to see in your picture.
th

I do not yet have a chameleon, I'm waffling between a Jackson and a Panther here at 11th hour so to speak.
That looks a lot like the flower I'm trying to identify, but the one I have is more bush like, I'll take a picture of one of the bush ones here shortly so can see what I mean.
My guess was hibiscus but I'm not a flower guy. I can identify a tulip and a daisy but not most others lol!

Decent picture of same type of plant but blooming much better and a better close up on the flower

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 132
It's an azalea. Azaleas are poisonous and require cool resting periods, so don't do well longterm, indoors, as most trees/shrubs in temperate areas require this cool period. There are exceptions, but not many with attractive flowers. Hibiscus will give you a pop of color and should be coming into box stores, about now. They need good light to really grow and bloom well, though.

That's a Peruvian lilli or azalea I send those to my mother in law all the time. Hibiscus looks like this
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom