Plant Identification HELP ASAP

Turner1986

Established Member
Just got this plant but dont know what it is for sure, the tag only says hanging basket lol.

Anyway i think its a pothos but there are a couple other kinds in the same pot. Just wanna know what they are and if there safe.

This is what i believe to be the pothos ::::::

2euk0lh.jpg

I dont know what these plants are. If there not safe i will pull them out. Help is needed ASAP

11987t4.jpg

311nyfo.jpg

ok good thanks. I think im just gonna pull the other ones out of there. Purple in my opinion if never really a good thing unless its bud lmao

Could the purple one be wandering jew?

i googled the name and that is exactly what it looks like. I already removed the other plants from the pot tho, except the pothos of course

Just for future reference tho, are those ok for cams?

plants

The purple pland is indeed Wandering Jew and can be highly allergenic in mammals. The green one is Asparagus Fern and is non toxic.

now i found another plant that looks like the pothos but the leaves are all yellow and white, not really any green. is it just a different color pothos or is it a different plant altogether?

Most likely a different variety of pothos. The ID on the other two plants is spot on. I would not get those near my cham.

I just picked up this plant to. the tag says its a Hawaiian schefflera. I have read that these are okay but just wanted to double check

Attachments

• 20150204_224457.jpg
    20150204_224457.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 144
Yeah thats looks like the shafflera i got. When i got mine it was still small enough to re-pot it easily. Make sure you're processing (washing) these plants before putting them in with a chameleon. You dont know what kind of pesticides and fertilizers are going on them. Also make sure to cover the dirt with large flat stones (bigger then your chameleons mouth) so the cham cant eat the dirt.

the real question is should i put the pothos and the umbrella plant all in one cage. I mean it covers the entire cage with both of them. Is that how i want it?

The cage is 24x24x48

The more plants the better, for the cham at least. You will be searching much harder to find them but they will be happier

Schefflera species of plants are a good plants to keep with chameleons. However if you are at all concerned about pesticides or other contaminants by all means wash them and clean them for contaminants before using them in your chameleons enclosures.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Isnt there one type of schefflera that is toxic? I cant remember the name but it looks the same as an umbrella tree but the scientific name is different.

Isnt there one type of schefflera that is toxic? I cant remember the name but it looks the same as an umbrella tree but the scientific name is different.

There is some species that are somewhat toxic. However if your keeping chameleons that are montane species or species that are not known to consume plant material Scheffleras are a good plant for chameleon enclosures. If you pick a toxic species of Schefflera for an enclosure for a species such as a Veiled Chameleon that is known to regularly consume plant mater that would not be recommended.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom