plant for horn worm moths

jamjam

Established Member
So i know tomato plants are ideal for the moths to lay their eggs on, i didnt get around to try and breed til much later than expected and didnt really care for the plants i bought and it got cool and they are not doing so good at the moment, is there any alternative that work well? id essentially assume they would prob lay on mostly any leaf, but wwant to see opinions that have worked for others. hoping to have some moths in about a week

hmm interesting, im thinking of something i might be able to find still. i think vegetable plants may be a bit hard to find in canada at this time of year, and dont necessarily have time to grow from a seed right now for these guys. guess kinda of wondering if a small scheff or something would work. ill take a look at my tomato plants in the am hopefully still salvageable if i move them inside and throw a light on them

i have one in my enclosure already, would be difficult to pull it out just for the moths, and once again might not be the easiest to find here in the fall

Potato plants can be grown from actual potatoes themselves. They just need to have eyes before planting them in the actual ground.

true forgot about nurseries was thinking hardware stores. but thats if they even work. hibiscus is an expensive plant to buy just so hornworm moths can breed and lay their eggs on, plus enclosure im using for them isnt really big enough for hibiscus either

Back
Top Bottom