Plant fertilizer

Grayson Payne

Avid Member
Just wondering what type of fertilizer you guys use for your plants! Currently I have a Hawaiian ti, a Golden Pothos , and a croton(which isn’t doing too hot). So basically no flowering plants. I also have a money tree that he uses for his free roam. Thanks!

I'm not sure how safe commercial fertilizers are for Chameleons (does anyone have the answer to this?)

I started composting and I use that to feed my plants once in a while, I figured this was the most natural option.

I'm not sure how safe commercial fertilizers are for Chameleons (does anyone have the answer to this?)

I started composting and I use that to feed my plants once in a while, I figured this was the most natural option.
I’m sure it is. But I’m not really in to composting and stuff. Just wondering if there was something I could buy that would work

Would you just cover it in the soil of the plant? Maybe like cut it up and stick it through the plant?
Cover it with soil, or you can make a "tea" out of it and water the plant with it. I would just be careful not to get any on the leaves though so your cham doesn't accidentally drink it ?

Cover it with soil, or you can make a "tea" out of it and water the plant with it. I would just be careful not to get any on the leaves though so your cham doesn't accidentally drink it ?
If your plants have lots of drainage, "compost tea" might not be the best option since it'll just filter through to the bottom of the cage and could get messy... I do the first thing and bury the compost or tea leaves in the soil

I was just wondering the same thing. My string of bananas has died off and I replaced it with the creeping fig that I bought last year and ended up being to small for the enclosure, its nice and big after sitting on my window seal for almost a year now. My wondering jew has seen better days as well, half of its leaves are dead. I'm thinking I need to give them plant food somehow.

I was just wondering the same thing. My string of bananas has died off and I replaced it with the creeping fig that I bought last year and ended up being to small for the enclosure, its nice and big after sitting on my window seal for almost a year now. My wondering jew has seen better days as well, half of its leaves are dead. I'm thinking I need to give them plant food somehow.
My Arcadia jungle dawn is really helping my pothos! I know people say it’s overpriced, but some type of plant light would probably help. I know my plants definitely need food though ?

I'm using the chameleon droppings, and when i did the raised bed, i used a lot of wood branches at the bottom, then top soil and mixed the organic compost with organic topsoil on top, all grows good, Crotons, Umbrellas, Ixoras. But then, Florida sun, makes difference.

I read that you can use fertilizer and root tabs made for aquariums because they are fish and invertebrate safe. Some were saying they just water the plant with their aquarium water. I had some aquarium fertilizer on hand so I just watered it down a lot and used it.

Back
Top Bottom