plant advice, other then a ficus

jalli

need sum advice/suggestions on a plant, or 2 sumthing Mulan can climb, she's an oustie. Having a hard time finding a ficus benjamin :( been looking for a schefflera arboricola too.

not really a plant person also lol

Attachments

• 20180214_200318.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
I agree...golden pothos can be found just about anywhere and are sold in pot, hanging baskets and on poles. They vine so the cham has natural climbing acess..also very low maintenance.

Since you are dealing with a chameleon that gets pretty large you will want something that can support their size. Golden pothos will offer some great foliage, but if you use one of these I would offer some thicker vines through the enclosure and wrap the pothos around them.

Depending on where you are, many of the big box home improvement stores should be getting better plant selections in soon if not already.

Pothos is time tested as safe, can take a beating, doesn't really mind if things are too wet or too dry, it starts looking shriveled days (maybe weeks) before it would die from lack of water, it has strong vines, its inexpensive and can be easily propagated. My favorite.

Since you are dealing with a chameleon that gets pretty large you will want something that can support their size. Golden pothos will offer some great foliage, but if you use one of these I would offer some thicker vines through the enclosure and wrap the pothos around them.

Depending on where you are, many of the big box home improvement stores should be getting better plant selections in soon if not already.

yeah that was my thought for sturdy branches. been checking on the weekends to see what's available, but it's winter n most are just lil 3 inch plants. I do have 1 lil pothos already, n a draceana she likes to drink from. seen sum shefferla but not labeled to which species n I dont want to get the toxic one.

yeah that was my thought for sturdy branches. been checking on the weekends to see what's available, but it's winter n most are just lil 3 inch plants. I do have 1 lil pothos already, n a draceana she likes to drink from. seen sum shefferla but not labeled to which species n I dont want to get the toxic one.
114344-09d261d1c90c4e8e5da055f55637b4e4.jpg

The safe one has leaves like this and are either variegated or solid green.

need sum advice/suggestions on a plant, or 2 sumthing Mulan can climb, she's an oustie. Having a hard time finding a ficus benjamin :( been looking for a schefflera arboricola too.

not really a plant person also lol
There is a different Ficus species that works better than F. benjamina for larger chams. Check with a garden supply or houseplant nursery for Ficus alli (aka: lance leaved Ficus). Its often used in offices planted in very large pots. Bushier, taller, sturdier branches and leaves, and IMHO not as temperamental as benjamina. The leaves look more like some type of Eucalyptus.

Back
Top Bottom