Plans for a new viv

WelshOneEmma

Hi all,

I've just put a design onto "paper" that I've been thinking about for a while. The measurements may seem a little exact but they were worked out by the program. Also what looks like glass is actually going to be mesh but couldn't find a translucent mesh material in the program's options.

The only concern I had was that as it's a corner unit, the inside dimensions work out as 5' x 3'x3'x3.5'. Is this going to be big enough for a veiled who's a little under a ft in length.

Any advice / comments would be appreciated

Attachments

• Viv1 Front.jpg
    Viv1 Front.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 129
  • Viv1 Back.jpg
    Viv1 Back.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Viv1 Top.jpg
    Viv1 Top.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 108
My advice would be to increase the length of the side sections that eliminate the tight corner and to create some type of drainage system so that you can hook the enclosure up to an automatic misting system without having to figure out drainage later. Here is a cage I designed and built that is very similar and I love it. Granted, I wish I could have come up with a slightly more effective drainage system then a shower curtain secured to the bottom with a hole cut in the center which drips down, but it still works.

Enclosures027copya.jpg
Enclosures029copya.jpg

Chris

Chris, I love your cages! We will amend the plans to make the sides bigger, and figure out a way to put in some good drainage!

Back
Top Bottom