Planning for Ziggy's New Enclosure - Advice?

AZJ0SH

I am moving my 8 month old veiled chameleon to a larger enclosure, I am having drainage and other non-serious issues with his current enclosure I am using, so I am wanting to move him into a larger and better designed enclosure next month.

I am doing some planning and working on the design, I had a few questions:

1. The planned size is 30" Wide - 24" Deep - and 48" Tall, will this be large enough for him?

2. I am going to be using more plant life, can the single UVB light support multiple plants, or should I invest in a "grow light" and just use a dual light fixture?

3. Plants: Right now I am using a mix of Schleffera and Monstera Deliciosa, and I was thinking of adding some bamboo I have growing, I am getting mixed reviews when I look into using Bamboo, some say it's fine, others aren't sure, is there a final verdict anywhere?

4. Vines & Sticks: Right now I use the flukers vines, they work just fine but I was thinking of using some fake bamboo dowells, for some horizontal climbing branches. Any problem using these?

I might have more questions as I go along. I am working on the design and I plan to upload pictures as I go along the build process.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom