Planning a new addition :)

KatCham

Established Member
As most of you know, I sadly had to let Simba go a few weeks ago.

It's been really hard seeing his empty dark enclosure every day and as I came to the decision I wouldn't be getting another cham, I have eventually brought myself to sell it.

It's being collected tomorrow and will leave a huge gap in our living room.

Now people say, that when you lose a dog, although they will never replace your best friend, getting another dog makes the loss easier to cope with as you have a new friend in your life.

I realise I simply can't be without reptiles in my life and so I've decided to reignite my passion for snakes. I've had them in the past when younger but have always wanted a Royal python.

Well now I am getting one :) (Much to the dismay of my husband! He doesn't really like them but is allowing me to follow my hobby bless him :) )

Couldn't believe my luck yesterday when I went to the pet shop I used to get Simba's feeders from and Brian (the owner) had just got in a beautiful baby girl!!

She's a 100% het albino and just stunning.

I went back today as I couldn't handle her yesterday as she'd just been fed.

Had Lucas in one arm and her in the other hand so couldn't get a pic unfortunately but for those of you who aren't familiar with this morph of royal python, she's very similar to this:

image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm now in the process of sourcing her enclosure and supplies etc... then I can bring her home :)

Will never forget my beautiful blue boy but I'm so excited to be getting this gorgeous girl :)

I am not a fan of snakes at all, but I can sure appreciate their beauty! I don't like what they eat and I have enough of a hard time feeding live insects to my chameleons so could never own one. I am glad you are filling in the void in your life with another pet you will enjoy.

I am not a fan of snakes at all, but I can sure appreciate their beauty! I don't like what they eat and I have enough of a hard time feeding live insects to my chameleons so could never own one. I am glad you are filling in the void in your life with another pet you will enjoy.

Thanks carol xxx

Put a deposit on my girl today

Setup requirements on order from eBay with the exception of hides, decor n heat mat which I'll pick up from the shop tomorrow hopefully.

Get that set up next week n hopefully bring her home end of next week :)

LOL should see my freezer, its full of rats for my snakes XD not a pretty site if anyone doesn't like the idea LOL

XD i remeber picking up frozen rats for my friends ENORMOUS ball python that im pretty sure wants to choke me. definitely NOT a pretty sight.:p

I second this. I like them from distance unless their babies which I'll hold. That is a really pretty snake though.

Kat it really doesn't matter if we are not all snake fans. What really matters is you and Lucas being happy. Too bad about hubby.:( But at least your happiness means a lot to him. He much be an ok guy. Wait he must be an ok guy, he is the father of my sweet little Lucas.

Oh I hope I'd don't sound like I disliked snakes, I just don't fancy them. I am happy to see you found a good reptile though:)

I Have a male I been trying to let someone adopt he is similiar in size as that picture and coloration!!
Still have him if u wanna adopt lol

Thanks for the words of encouragement all :)

Took some pics of her today when I went to get the equipment I needed.

Going to start her own thread though as I've also named her....
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom