Places to get Isopods

CJ's Exotics

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! Today is where I am in search for info, I have been busy in my reptile room. Where are some of the best places to get Isopods for good prices, and the company/person is reliable? Thank you!

I have been SUMMONED, what's going on peeps ^w^! Cj it depends on what isopods you are looking for. I only have one species currently but will be getting a rare commodity soon if my plans don't fall through.

They are found by a lot of suppliers. And don't make good cleaner crew from what I've read, so it would be a purely love of the species. But they aren't cheap ever. So I would have to start with a super tiny colony.

My next inverts on my list are orchids and shield mantids, us giant beetle species and some scarabs I think, and also some flat millipede species.

They are found by a lot of suppliers. And don't make good cleaner crew from what I've read, so it would be a purely love of the species. But they aren't cheap ever. So I would have to start with a super tiny colony.
They just look cool!:D

I saw this post now I am wondering: what do you use them to clean? I bought some beetles from the same I ordered my GBR to clean them. Do I need them for my dubia colony?

I always walk by the pet bugs at reptile shows and stare. They are so fascinating.

Isopods are a cleaner crew for substrate enclosures. Beetles the ones I am getting are not going to be a cleaner crew. They will be large scarab beetles and giant species of stag beetles. Isopods are fun to add to tanks as cleaner crew but for me personally I havent found a species I get much enjoyment in just keeping. However I do like pillmillipedes. But you can't easily get them in captivity. I would need massive permits.

got mine from NEherp they currently only have 1 species available, but have listingsfor 4 different kinds. family run business n they even let me know that they had all been sick and that they were delayed a little. good spring tails too. think it was 8.99 for an isopod starter culture.

Well I am probably the only person who got confused by that. lol There's like 2 deadly diseases that isopods get I fear my colonies getting.

Back
Top Bottom