Pinning BSFL...

Well my cham is not very interested in bsfl. I threw some of them into my bioactive substrate. A few became flies and it's a pity they are too big for him to eat so I fed the bsf to my tarantulas.

Hopefully these guys get active and put on a show. I'm going to order more online and start a small compost bin to harvest pupating larvae out of.

Attachments

• IMG_20190329_072544.jpg
    IMG_20190329_072544.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 75
I am going to try it once I get my order in... Although with my luck he will ignore those as well. I put a few waxworm moths in just to see what he would do and well they died in there because I guess he just liked the company. :rolleyes: I like the Gum container idea that Jacksjill posted. I think it would work really well for my set up and for my fear of them flying lol.

I am going to try it once I get my order in... Although with my luck he will ignore those as well. I put a few waxworm moths in just to see what he would do and well they died in there because I guess he just liked the company. :rolleyes: I like the Gum container idea that Jacksjill posted. I think it would work really well for my set up and for my fear of them flying lol.
I had zero luck with wax moths they all die too quickly. I know Beman is much larger than my Cham but feel he would still enjoy the hunt.
I had purchased an extra tub of the vivotein bsfl and had almost all of the unfed pupate. I am NOT a bug person one bit but these are very manageable. Best of luck snag some photos!

I had zero luck with wax moths they all die too quickly. I know Beman is much larger than my Cham but feel he would still enjoy the hunt.
I had purchased an extra tub of the vivotein bsfl and had almost all of the unfed pupate. I am NOT a bug person one bit but these are very manageable. Best of luck snag some photos!
Good to know thank you. I had 3 pupate in shipping... It was quite a shock to open the container not expecting to see flies. They started buzzing I started screaming and that is where that ended LOL.

Good to know thank you. I had 3 pupate in shipping... It was quite a shock to open the container not expecting to see flies. They started buzzing I started screaming and that is where that ended LOL.

They do sound kind of alarming, don't they? Luckily for me, Benny bird the insect killer is on the job! She loves chasing flying things. :LOL:

They do sound kind of alarming, don't they? Luckily for me, Benny bird the insect killer is on the job! She loves chasing flying things. :LOL:
I was not expecting it. I am very allergic to bee's so I heard it and freaked... You would think my common sense would have kicked in but no..

Back
Top Bottom