Pink urate?

danny_cham

Established Member
For some odd reason the past 2 times Danny has pooped the urate has been discolored.
0D08F688-3126-45A5-9864-EA4BC3E531DC.jpeg
The only thing I’ve added to his diet his dubias instead of crickets and reptivite with D3 (which he’s only had once so far, about a week ago).
I’ve tried to research and can’t find anything other than it could be too much calcium. I cover the insects in calcium without D3 at his feedings every other day.
I’ve already made a vet appointment but I’m worried. Is this normal?

White urate means super hydrated...slightly orange means less hydrated but still not bad...very orange urates mean not well enough hydrated usually. They can however be a bit more orange than normal if they didn't defecate often enough for some reason?

White urate means super hydrated...slightly orange means less hydrated but still not bad...very orange urates mean not well enough hydrated usually. They can however be a bit more orange than normal if they didn't defecate often enough for some reason?
I left his drip on for 30 minutes at noon and then 20 minutes at 5pm. I also mist the cage 3 times a day. I hope he’s getting enough water. But I’ll up the times his dripper is on.
He’s pooped about 3 times this week I believe? Not sure how often they are supposed to go.

Back
Top Bottom