Pill bugs?

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I got some pill bugs from a science class after some experiments with things like sugar and other similar things . Could I feed them to my girl?
image.jpg

I'd put them into your plants they will help keep the soil clean and if they look tasty I'm sure your chameleon will help themselves
Only concern is what they were fed , you mentioned they were with sugar? These lil critters eat poop rotten wood and dead leaves.

I'd put them into your plants they will help keep the soil clean and if they look tasty I'm sure your chameleon will help themselves
Only concern is what they were fed , you mentioned they were with sugar? These lil critters eat poop rotten wood and dead leaves.
They were bought for a silence lab today and some might have been exposed to some sugar water and similar stuff. I’m curious if they are safe to be fed to my chameleon. If not I’ll just be keeping them as pets :)

Do you know what kind they are? To keep them as pets, give them a few inches of soil, a good layer of leaf litter and moss. If you have some bark, that would be good too. I give mine a moist side and a dry side. It is important to keep them with some moisture and humidity or they dry up and die.

Well I don’t have lots to work with but I’ve made them a little home out of my old cricket holder. It’s not much but they hey have soil, a rock, bark and leaves. Along with some old food. And I plan on giving them some of Nachitos poop when the time comes :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 49
Well I don’t have lots to work with but I’ve made them a little home out of my old cricket holder. It’s not much but they hey have soil, a rock, bark and leaves. Along with some old food. And I plan on giving them some of Nachitos poop when the time comes :p
That sounds like a pretty good little home for them. They’ll eat the various bits like the leaves and bark, so you may need to add more later. It also is good to give them just a little bit of broken eggshell to meet their calcium needs.

That sounds like a pretty good little home for them. They’ll eat the various bits like the leaves and bark, so you may need to add more later. It also is good to give them just a little bit of broken eggshell to meet their calcium needs.

And by "various bits" you mean big ole poops.

Day 1: poop
Day 2: scout pill bug finds the poop. Posts on #Pillbugmob
Day 3: more pill bugs than you can count are nom noming on poop
Day 4: no mo poop

I do put a little dirt on said poop to help the process along...

Back
Top Bottom