Pictures/Questions about Mommy Jackson...

I just got 1.1 Jackson's about 2 weeks ago, and have been letting them setting in so far. The seller told me she was gravid, but I didn't get too much info about when she was placed with the male, etc.
The female is the topic of this thread :)

I have been planning on supplementing them as follows:
Calcium without D3- twice a week.
Calcium with D3- once every 5 weeks.
Herpivite- once every 5 weeks.

But seeing as the female is pregnant, should I be supplementing more frequently? How much should I increase it, too, if that is the case?

Secondly, how far along does she look? I want to be as prepared as I can for them, and knowing how far she is could defiantly help that.

General Info About Her: (Constructive criticism welcomed!)
I weighted her today and she is 38.1 Grams. Pictures will be posted below. She is currently eating 8-10 medium (1/2 inch) crickets a day, as well as dubia roaches, wax worms, silks, and other worms. She is very active, drinks like a champ, and has normal stool. I haven't gotten a chance to take her to the vet yet.

Thanks everyone; you are all always so helpful when i'm in a panic!

4jE4jsB.jpg

5zpvdqK.jpg

hO5egT2.jpg

Looks like a pigmy in the last photo...

Anyway your supplement should be vitamin 2x a month and d3 2x a month. The vitamin will have d3 in it already. So it should work out to have d3 once a week and calcium at every feeding..

Looks like a pigmy in the last photo...

Anyway your supplement should be vitamin 2x a month and d3 2x a month. The vitamin will have d3 in it already. So it should work out to have d3 once a week and calcium at every feeding..

I thought Jackson chameleons had less supplemental requirements being a they are a montane species.

"As a montane species (native to higher altitudes) Jackson's have decreased supplementation requirements compared to tropical species due to metabolism differences. Use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) twice a week, a multivitamin once a month, and calcium with D3 once a month."
A quote from the ChameleonForums Care Sheet on Jackson's I have been taking my info from. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I though I could help being I have a male and a female and 10 babies ok so I give my adults calcium without D3 every feeding but I was told I should only give them it twice a week so I did now but I give them a muti vitamin 1/2 and calcium WITHOUT D3 1/2 on the 18th of every month and calcium with D3 every 15th of the month.

For my jackson I give plain calcium on all feeders that have a poor calcium to phosphorus ratio such as crickets or roaches. Calcium is water soluble and in my opinion is not an issue. I give him repashy calcium plus which has vitamins and D3 about once a month or so depending on his outdoor time, feeder variety etc.

So I should go back to my old plans of calcium without D3 every feeding and calcium with D3 on the 15th of every month and half and half supplements of muti-vitamin and calcium without D3 on the 18th of every month I did that for 3 month and nothing has went wrong.

I do hope that you are housing the male and the female separately now.

Male jackson's are rather relentless and the constant stress of being pursued will take its toll on a female.

I lightly dust all my Jackson's xanths' calcium deficient feeders with calcium without D3.
Crickets and superworms are the 2 that spring to mind.

Here is some info on my female's behaviors around the time she gave birth.
My female moved around her cage a lot the day before giving birth and she gaped repeatedly during the morning she was "in labor".
Typically, the babies are born before Noon.
Baby Jackson's are tinier than you may think---about the size of a cricket and not much different in color.
They need to be carefully removed to their own enclosure as soon as they are found.
Momma will eventually get hungry and the babies are cricket size.
You can also read this thread and others for ideas on how to care for the babies:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/newbie-need-info-neonate-jacksons-chameleon-care-115059/
You'll want to have everything on hand in advance, since it will lessen the stress on you when the babies are born.
The number of babies usually ranges between 10 and 30, with around 20 being quite common.

Your girl is on the small side, so she may be closer to 10.

She does look healthy and looks like she is expecting.

Back
Top Bottom